• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Over 45 and clubbing; what to wear?

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plunking down a hundred or more for a "Night at the Roxbury" experience. Horrible "oosh oosh oosh" music that prevents anyone from having a conversation, ridiculous $18 drinks, douchebags, and black eyeshadow herp girls. People peppering their sentences with "epic" and "sick". The look of ecstasy on pleb faces when Lady Gaga comes on. There's nothing fun about it. Ever walk by some guy in his car cranking out the "oosh oosh oosh" music from his car? Heh.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Plunking down a hundred or more for a "Night at the Roxbury" experience. Horrible "oosh oosh oosh" music that prevents anyone from having a conversation, ridiculous $18 drinks, douchebags, and black eyeshadow herp girls. People peppering their sentences with "epic" and "sick". There's nothing fun about it. Ever walk by some guy in his car cranking out the "oosh oosh oosh" music from his car? Heh.
wow, someone finally eloquently stated everything i hate about "going out"

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** clubs man, Bars are far better.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
**** clubs man, Bars are far better.

This. Also, in any place like a bar or club, remember that the lighting sucks, and really, only the silhouette can be seen. I wear what I typically wear anyway - a slim, midnight, black, or charcoal pullover, a pair of jeans, and minimalist sneakers. If it's a colder evening, but not cold enough that I need to coat check, I'll wear a dark, slim twill jacket or a boiled wool one (mine is KVA, but lots of brands make them.) It's either that, or you can go balls out rock star. Of course, if you go from minimalist and simple to rockstar, odds are that you'll get halted at "huge douchebag."

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
Hello, former Rep. Christopher Lee.

bahahahahahaha
laugh.gif

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Im 27, went out last weekend with a buddy to some places....i felt so out of place it was uncomfortable. i dont know how youd have the stones to allow yourself to be ridiculed like you will be. Unless you own the club, stay out if your "over 45" Isnt there an AARP meeting you can find?

CDN1989

Reaction score
Clubbing at 45 is weird, clubbing over 28 is weird for the matter. I'm not sure what kind of clubs you people are going to that are suggesting to wear designer suits and shoes. If where talking about a true club and not some lounge, it will be packed to **** with sweaty people on drugs, probably the worst environment to break out a suit, trust me it will be way to hot anyway. I went to Guvernment in toronto and wore some ****** black dress shoes and they came out a mess.

My advice don't even go, just rave out at home or something...

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

i find this would work for you.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wtf is over 45? Is that old man speak for saying 50 but too ashamed to admit it? Is it 60? 46? 45 and three months?
eh.gif

Green Lantern

Reaction score
Google any one of these people and find what they wore at a movie premier. Get ideas from their dress.

Alec Baldwin
Babyface
Daniel Day-Lewis
Jimmy Smits
Kevin Bacon
Steve Guttenberg
Kevin Sorbo
Michael Madsen
Tim Robbins
Viggo Mortenson
Mike Scioscia

C'mon guys...he really wants to know.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
a well tailored suit is the best idea

so then you can be the 45 year old guy who is sweating profusely. That's much less creepy.

IDirector

Reaction score
Don't do it. U should be saving your money for AARP dues.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Green Lantern
Google any one of these people and find what they wore at a movie premier. Get ideas from their dress. Alec Baldwin Babyface Daniel Day-Lewis Jimmy Smits Kevin Bacon Steve Guttenberg Kevin Sorbo Michael Madsen Tim Robbins Viggo Mortenson Mike Scioscia C'mon guys...he really wants to know.
So you want him to wear a $3000 suit to a ******* night club, so people can spill drinks and possibly vomit on it? Not to mention the skanks with daddy issues who'll be clawing at it. Awesome advice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads