Over 45 and clubbing; what to wear?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Farmgate, Mar 1, 2011.

1. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

neon green or yello and a tie??? wtf......

2. Matt

Matt [email protected]

It's good to see Rube smiling again.

3. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

You're 45 and clubbing lol. I'm 17 and already sniffing blow, I tell my friends it's asthma every time I itch my throat.
    I'm bad milk. Drink it.
    This bitch know dick like bubba know shrimp.

4. unionjack

unionjack New Member

i am curious too.due to work i usually end up in a club wearing my work attire. any tips on what to wear during these occations?

5. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

i am curious too.due to work i usually end up in a club wearing my work attire. any tips on what to wear during these occations?

yeah...go home and change or stay home!

6. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I don't know why but a neon green or yellow shirt just sounds awesome to me. Where could I get one?

7. homefloyd

homefloyd Well-Known Member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

9. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

I am over 45 and look about 39, slim and fit, and will be clubbing in NYC, Toronto and other cities this spring and summer. As much as I like stylish clothing for clubs, I am aftraid I will look like "that guy" who just couldn't let go... I saw them all the time in the mid-seventies, when I was young: the long sideburns, the Beatle hair and bell bottom dress pants. Anyway I don't want to be that guy. I was thinking that a real slim and fitted suit, and impecable shirt of neon green or yellow, and a tie would look better than jeans and a button down. That would be stylish without appearing to be an under cover agent. The clubs play mostly hip hop, techno.
    a well tailored suit is the best idea. DO NOT WEAR SOMETHING NEON GREEN/YELLOW or anything over the top. WEAR VERY NICE SHOES ... DO NOT WEAR BEAT UP SHOES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. in fact, go buy new shoes ... something by dior homme, gucci, guidi or sf (if you are going on the cheap). the trick is to look like your not trying to hard. good luck and take pics if you get some 19 year old pooh-pooh ... and ALWAYS know who you are accepting drugs from [​IMG]

10. cmrocks

cmrocks Senior member

I hope that you're going to an age appropriate nightclub. If that's the case, I'd recommend dark grey dress pants and a slim, dark colored dress shirt. Just make sure you get the pieces from a brand that is a bit fashion forward so it doesn't look like you're wearing office clothes.

I'm much younger than you are but, when I go out, I often wear a navy shirt with subtle stripes tucked into charchol dress pants with black shoes and a belt. I've never felt out of place even at dive bars. You just need the confidence to look natural in whatever you are wearing.

11. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

oh yeah, one more thing ... TAKE OFF/OUT YOUR GOLD RINGS/WATCH/CHAINS/TEETH.

okay, im done.

12. Kingstonian

Kingstonian Senior member

Just dress like Silvio Berlusconi. Classic Italian style. Age does not bother him.

Good Luck. You are only as old as the woman you feel. Bunga Bunga.

13. Lane

Lane Senior member

I think this thread is beyond sad....OP needs to reevaluate his life.

14. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

I am over 45 and look about 39, slim and fit

Hello, former Rep. Christopher Lee.

15. Harper

Harper Active Member

Apparently I'm that guy. I'm in your boat but I have no issues at all with it. I wear jeans and a buttown down shirt in the winter - jeans/polo shirt in the summer. If you're really concerned about how you're perceived just choose clubs with "tight doors". Once you're in (assuming you can get in) people will assume you must have something going on aside from being a pervy 40 something in a club.