• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

US Grant

Reaction score

It really is a shame that they discontinued the Keirins. The fit and fabric was fantastic; I wonder if I could achieve a similar fit by sizing up on SDs and taking in the waist.

I have both the Keirins and now SDs. I am a 28 in the Keirins and a 30 in the SDs. I had the SDs taken in and they fit awesome, much better than the Keirins actually. The Keirins pucker on the sides just below the pockets on the seam due the (necessary) aggressive shape of the crotch cut. If the thigh is your primary issue, I'd give the SDs a try as long as you have a good tailor.

Last edited:

wizzeak

Reaction score
I hope they make a new vest this season. Preferably without the long tail though... Thought it just threw it off.

Last edited:

brooks23

Reaction score
I hope they make a new vest this season. Preferably without the long tail though... Thought it just threw it off.

It looked a lot more aggressive in pictures than it does in person. I was put off by it at first, but picked one up second hand and love it.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's pretty late in the season for them to come out with a new fall/winter item, isn't it? Have they been this late in previous seasons?

SuEd

Reaction score
It's pretty late in the season for them to come out with a new fall/winter item, isn't it? Have they been this late in previous seasons?

Outlier actually released the Supermoon Vest in the month of January iirc. They release a lot of stuff 'late into season' but that's because they don't follow the seasonal collection business model of most brands and instead release individual products on a random schedule throughout the season.

Mehmet Korkmaz

Reaction score

I have both the Keirins and now SDs. I am a 28 in the Keirins and a 30 in the SDs. I had the SDs taken in and they fit awesome, much better than the Keirins actually. The Keirins pucker on the sides just below the pockets on the seam due the (necessary) aggressive shape of the crotch cut. If the thigh is your primary issue, I'd give the SDs a try as long as you have a good tailor.

See, that might be my problem. My thighs are disproportionally large to my waist, and the 28 Keirins actually fit me perfectly (no pucker or flare anywhere, slim to my legs, but lots of room to move/use pockets comfortably). Do your keirins pucker from being too wide or too loose? I'm wondering if i could do the SDs in a 30 as well...

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Outlier actually released the Supermoon Vest in the month of January iirc. They release a lot of stuff 'late into season' but that's because they don't follow the seasonal collection business model of most brands and instead release individual products on a random schedule throughout the season.

Good to know,. thanks!

delluminatus

Reaction score
Quote: I see some minor stretching at the waistband (I don't wear a belt) but other than that my pair don't seem to have stretched or sagged at all after probably 30 wears. I do get the impression that they might fray or wear out easily though, especially if washed.

brooks23

Reaction score

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Newo

Reaction score
Just in case there's any interest. I have a Medium Liberated Wool Peacoat (in Ash Gray) from an earlier season in medium. It's in mint condition and I'd be looking to part with it for $400ish. Much cheaper than the current $650 price tag.

BlackOUT

Reaction score
I just purchased and wore a pair of the Futureworks and they are awesome.

hangten

Reaction score
thought I would ask here as well. Does anyone know what boots these are? Pic is from the outlier webpage

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads