• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

wizzeak

Reaction score
Anyone have the mojave shirt? Is it cool, wrinkle easily, etc?

deadsunrise

Reaction score
I have one in olive. It's the coolest shirt that I have, lighter than the air forged, cali or any merino tee I have and it will probably be what I'll wear on the hottest summer days (gets to 41C here). It does wrinkle easily but I haven't washed it yet so I don't know how it will iron. Looks really good and I'm happy with it, I will probably get another one.

velobran

Reaction score
I know this is the Outlier thread - but does anyone happen to know if there is something like the Three way shorts for women out there somewhere in a similar fabric? Outlier had the women's double weave last spring but they appear to be long gone. Would like to get a pair for my wife.

deadsunrise

Reaction score
I know this is the Outlier thread - but does anyone happen to know if there is something like the Three way shorts for women out there somewhere in a similar fabric? Outlier had the women's double weave last spring but they appear to be long gone. Would like to get a pair for my wife.
I asked them about the shorts that the model is wearing in the women's blazer pictures. Tyler said that they are the men's new way shorts in 29. Maybe those with some tailoring to make them shorter?

Last edited:

wizzeak

Reaction score
Copped some new way shorts, slim dungarees, socks and an air forged oxford. Didn't know it was nano-tex (water repellent). Pretty cool.

Qualified for free shipping but I ended up paying the $50 for USPS out of fear. Now I'm thinking that was a dumb move but whatever. UPS would have came earlier and maybe there's a chance I wouldn't have to have paid more than $50 in BS fees? Then again I've heard ridiculous stories with these shipping companies.

Kind of bummed I couldn't get the dark navy air forged oxford. Got the email at lunch time and when I came home they were all sold out.

Slowly working on converting my wardrobe to Outlier and similar tech stuff.

Last edited:

delluminatus

Reaction score
Just received my Futureworks and Ultralight Trousers (both size 32). The ultralight is going to be great in the humid summer. My old Climbers always fit like jeggings, but these seem a little more... loose.

Also, the utlralight has an interesting stacking pattern at the bottom. I think because it's so thin it folds easily. The legs have a funny angular drape as well, it looks better in motion
nod[1].gif

Kind of want to replace all my pants with Outlier + Veilance.

fungz0r

Reaction score
report back about the ultralights after a couple more wears, i'm definitely interested in them

joshualim90

Reaction score
report back on the futureworks too!

Sounds like a good entry level pants

deadsunrise

Reaction score
@delluminatus how's the waist of the futureworks compared to the ultralights and climbers? They say that they shrink and that the waistband is smaller than usual, I ordered one pair sizing up but it hasn't arrived yet. Ultralights in navy look great, I have the light gray from last year and they drape a bit awkardly but are awesome for summer.

delluminatus

Reaction score
@delluminatus how's the waist of the futureworks compared to the ultralights and climbers? They say that they shrink and that the waistband is smaller than usual, I ordered one pair sizing up but it hasn't arrived yet. Ultralights in navy look great, I have the light gray from last year and they drape a bit awkardly but are awesome for summer.

The futureworks definitely feel a little tighter in the waist/hips than the Ultralights. I ordered size 32 in both, my measured waist is 34", for comparison. They fit perfectly now, so if they shrink a lot there may be some... crotch issues.

My climbers are 1 size larger than than the others (so, sz 33) and I need a belt or they fall off. Very loose in the waist considering how tight the thighs are. I much prefer the futureworks. It's pretty clear that they made them looser in the leg because the fabric is less stretchy. I really like the end result, although there's definitely less overall freedom of movement.

Last edited:

delluminatus

Reaction score
Yup agreed. All of them look a bit odd in the top block.

I think that's a perspective issue, the camera was pointing straight at my waist.

Futureworks definitely shrank about 1/2 size in the wash. They feel a little tighter but it doesn't seem really noticeable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads