• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

centrix

Reaction score
i doubt i would use these for a less than casual kind of thing. the OGs are probably not for me. am maybe looking for a travel/casual long pant. what was wrong with the 60/30s?

rockket

Reaction score
any thoughts on durability? read a review on reddit though where someone said that their NYCO slims were falling apart after a few months of wear. i'm wary of spending $200 on pants that won't last a year.

was thinking about picking up a tapered pant that i could wear for most of the year and bike around in, probably some climbers.

centrix

Reaction score
NYCO slims are 98 bucks

rxryan

Reaction score
Quote:
I wear my OG's with t-shirts, etc all the time and they're easy to do casual with. I'd grab the charcoal ones for versatility and not being too dressy. I feel like my slates are versatile as well, but navy seems to always look like dress pants. As I said, I still love OG's for most situations, but sounds like slims might be for you or maybe 60/30's. I didn't like my first pair of 60/30's last year (can't remember the exact color, but I think it was midnight gray) because the main color was great, but there seemed to be small white slivers running through the material and it made the pants look well worn. I wanted a more uniform color throughout, but it was weird. Not sure if other colors suffer from this as well. It's like there is white thread interwoven amongst the main color. Ordered a pair of the surface pants from ProofNY b/c they were a steal (paid like $140 USD) and the color was good on them and they didn't seem to be worn in appearance.

rockket

Reaction score

NYCO slims are 98 bucks

i'm looking at getting the climbers or the dungarees, just the reddit review was on the NYCOs. i can see how my post was unclear. just asking about general experiences with quality.

that said, $100 for pants that fall apart after a few months wear is also too expensive.

deadsunrise

Reaction score
If I were you I would get slim dungarees for yourself and the riding pants for your girlfriend.

I'm glad you enjoyed the post. Some months ago I started a site similar to that list but with all of my wardrobe, I'll finish it and post it soon, it's basically the same with more detailed reviews and some more stuff from other brands.

I just heard back from outlier and they are accepting the return of the shrunk merino/co even if it's well past the return date (got them in september/oct). Great customer service.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those large cut 60\30s are nice. Are they completely sold out? Can't find them online. Might have to sell my nyco slims. Does the 60/30 stretch or shrink over time?

might have a small taper tailored in them

Last edited:

deadsunrise

Reaction score
I have only one, haven't noticed shrinkage but cannot really tell because of the short sleeves. The fabric is "normal" oxford cotton so I don't think it should shrink, they are easier to iron than the blazed ones. I'm not sure if I really like the fit, it should be a bit slimmer on the body. On twitter they said that they are not doing them anymore, something like "an outlier product needs outlier fabrics"

yourdoctor

Reaction score
can someone give me an idea of the stretch on the 60/30's compared to the climbers?

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My 60/30 loosies rule!! Perfect for someone who likes keirins or nycos.

Agreed. What color did you get? I got navy and grey (that actually looks like a really dark green)

velobran

Reaction score

My 60/30 loosies rule!! Perfect for someone who likes keirins or nycos.

I got the black green tint. They are really comfortable. Not sure what pant I would go for next though. Maybe the climbers or slim dungarees.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just discovered this brand.
Has anyone put in some heavy wear on either the dunagrees or the main trousers?
Also doesn't it kind of suck they offer a black blazer but no black pants in matching fabric? 

for the past 2 years and aside from wearing suits, pretty much all I've worn for pants are apc ns and og/nomad, ******* love these pants, totally worth it.

*edit* Also, not to poo on this thread but can anyone comment on ProofNY Surface Pant vs Outlier OG pant. It seems that Surface Pant doesn't glisten as much as the OGs which would be desirable for me when I want to wear them in dressier situations.

Nomad = OG
Surface = 60/30

also agree that the navy og look dressier but not overly so, I wear them with some lanvin captoe sneakers sometimes for a casual fit and they still work.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads