• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

velobran

Reaction score

Another example... just today they finally released a "miscut" version of the 60/30's, and the color of olive isn't even the same. It looks completely washed out (would be great for a M*A*S*H Halloween costume) and now I've sat here waiting on them for 3 months, probably 4 or 5 by the time they get them in cut correctly and they never bothered to mention in their correspondence that the color wouldn't be the same. So frustrating.

I think they said the correct cut 60/30 would be available in 2 weeks (maybe because they are taking the week off next week?).

I bought a pair of "looses" to try them out since I was always eying the keirin cut pants.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's the difference between 60/30 and the NYCO stuff?

Hmm it's got a short rise still..

Last edited:

velobran

Reaction score

What's the difference between 60/30 and the NYCO stuff?

Hmm it's got a short rise still..

The NYCOs are 50% nylon / 50% cotton - no stretch, but fabric will break-in. 60/30s have 4 way stretch and are stain and water resistant. From the site "Schoeller twill with NanoSphere
00ae.png
treatment".

I see it as: 60/30s are technical pants. NYCOs are just really tough pants. I have a pair of 60/30s coming and have been wanting to try the NYCOs for awhile. I kept putting off buying until I'd be in NYC so I could try them on, but haven't had the time to get up there.

brooks23

Reaction score

If these were pants from an actual fashion label would you be complaining that they aren't making the same things as previous seasons? It's pretty obvious that their MO these days is to make whatever they feel like. I'm not sure they owe it to you to make the same pair of pants over and over.

That being said if they ever stop making slim dungs I'll be in the same boat as you.

Point is it's frustrating to be strung along for months hearing that they'll have a certain item with no mention that it won't really be that item at all. I realize they do switch colors up, but they have restocked them in olive drab enough to give the impression that it's a staple color. Just annoying.

rxryan

Reaction score
Scratch that. Took "Twitter only" as meaning only sending notification of the sale via that route and not an email.

Regardless... waited 5 min to think over a pair of red ultralights one size larger than what I typically go with and they were snagged! Snooze, ya lose...

Last edited:

SuEd

Reaction score
edit: ah it's twitter announcements.

Last edited:

Tigerprawn

Reaction score
^ I grabbed a cali pivot and some trunks. At this price I'll just alter the **** out of it since I wasn't happy with the trunks previously.

rxryan

Reaction score
Quote:
Hard not to at those price points. Roughly paying a third of the cost. I almost grabbed some purp 60/30's to cut into shorts.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just discovered this brand.

Has anyone put in some heavy wear on either the dunagrees or the main trousers?

Also doesn't it kind of suck they offer a black blazer but no black pants in matching fabric?

SuEd

Reaction score
Did anyone get the 4x4 scarves? How's it hanging? I missed out and I'm looking for a black one. Any leads would be appreciated.

Also doesn't it kind of suck they offer a black blazer but no black pants in matching fabric? 

There are reviews of all the pants in this thread. They both hold up well, the dungarees perhaps more so than the OGs.

Outlier did offer flat black OGs that matched the blazer but they sold out quickly. The flat black Climbers are an alternative made with the same fabric.

Last edited:

caid-bp7

Reaction score

I have been wearing the dungarees every day for a couple of years now. They feel like they will last forever. I never wear any of the OGs or any denim anymore.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone get the 4x4 scarves? How's it hanging? I missed out and I'm looking for a black one. Any leads would be appreciated.
There are reviews of all the pants in this thread. They both hold up well, the dungarees perhaps more so than the OGs.

Outlier did offer flat black OGs that matched the blazer but they sold out quickly. The flat black Climbers are an alternative made with the same fabric.

Suyi,
thank you.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been wearing the dungarees every day for a couple of years now. They feel like they will last forever. I never wear any of the OGs or any denim anymore.
caid-bp7,
thank you.

caid-bp7

Reaction score

I have kierins and OGs, curious why you don't wear the OGs anymore- just preference or did you have an issue?

Just preference really. The dungaree fabric seems sturdier and I like the cut better. At some point I will get some climbers because I do like the stretch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads