1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Roguls, Jan 15, 2011.

1. brooks23

brooks23 Senior member

Haven't ridden or swam in them yet. Just wore around a few times a week. They pilled for me in the crotch where the fabric rubs together when you walk and kinda starting in the seat. It's not something that's overly noticeable, just an annoyance when F Cloth already has it's shortcomings (wrinkles easily, lint/pet hair magnet, etc). I won't buy anything else made of it.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  2. jasonrenaud

jasonrenaud Member

Cool, thanks! I decided to exchange them for the Free Way shorts, with are made from the OG Cloth and looked more promising.

3. brooks23

brooks23 Senior member

I would if I could. Good choice.

4. Widgets

Widgets Member

Has Outlier done sweatpants before? I'm hunting down a pair of sweats casual enough to hang out around the house in, but decent enough to go out in. Seems like Outlier would have the ability to make something pretty killer for that niche.

5. rxryan

rxryan Well-Known Member

6. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I love the ultralights for how light and breathable they are, but $240 pants really shouldn't be doing this. Washed with dark clothes, pants in a separate garment bag. [​IMG]

7. rxryan

rxryan Well-Known Member

Yikes. Loved their Ultralight Suit, but returned it due to concerns about the same issues after somebody else here complained of this. Regardless, I got sucked in on the whitetint UL jacket, but probably should return it as well even though I love it. Ugh.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  8. brianhylton

brianhylton Member

I've had mine for well over a year and have no such issues. may have only washed them a couple times but they look good as new.

9. Widgets

Widgets Member

I ended up caving - the curved waistband plus the added stretch from the fabric makes the size that I bought somewhat unbearable to wear. Feels like they are constantly falling down. Initiated a return and picked up a smaller size.

Hopefully their returns process is painless. I'm well within 45 days.

10. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior member

The slimmer cut of the Free Ways is a huge improvement over the New Ways, but there is still a comical amount of pocket flare, even when sizing up. This seems to be a design flaw in all of Outlier's bottoms.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  11. aeymxq

aeymxq Active Member

nobody buy the linen towel, it is an utterly useless piece of trash. idk why the fuck they are making it.

so for like over a year, all i had from this company was a pair of slim dungarees, which i wear (and continue to wear) almost every day, doing all sorts of active, adventurous shit. i was super happy with them, and really loved this company because my only experience with them was this one fantastic product...

recently, however, i made a couple purchases from them, and the bubble has really burst, which isn't to say that i even dislike everything i copped...the mojave shirt is great, and their socks are incredible. but, the linen towel is utterly useless and the air forged oxford is uncomfortable, popped a button after an hour or two, and i find the collar/neck to be quite huge.

that said i am going to cop a t shirt and if they ever re-stock the merino/co i will probably get one of those, too. but my feeling is still kinda like, fuck this company.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  12. Widgets

Widgets Member

Jesus, man. Sounds like you're getting a little too bent out of shape.

I was skeptical of the linen towel, but after a few washes, it seems to be different. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else, either, but I wouldn't say "fuck this company" because I fell for the marketing ploy they put out on it.

The Dungarees are awesome and the merino tees are good shit too.

If you don't like it - return it.

13. SuEd

SuEd Senior member

The linen towel is a bit oversold: it's awesome as a beach towel as originally intended but meh as a bathing towel. It's also great as summer blanket; when the weather gets hot and humid I replace my cotton/wool blankets and throws with the large linen towel.

p.s. the Bathrobe is back in stock.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  14. delluminatus

delluminatus Well-Known Member

imo the ultralights are a very niche product. The fabric is light but it comes with some flaws (imo), mainly the drape is weird and the pockets are too noticeable through the thin fabric. Also one of the buttons came off on the 3rd day, but that's easily fixed at home.

I think that they are a little cooler than the Futureworks/Climbers, but the slight coolness comes at a high cost, and I don't mean the price. Unless you legit 100% need to wear trousers in very hot weather, I think any other Outlier pants are a better bet in terms of appearance.

OTOH I'm in love with the Futureworks, especially for the price. Just don't wash them too much, you don't need to.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  15. aeymxq

aeymxq Active Member

yo i snoozed on these hooded things. experiments = no returns so if anyone has a cowlhood, size m, navy, i may be interested.

16. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

If anyone has a pair of navy Nycos in 29 they don't want, let me know ;)

17. brooks23

brooks23 Senior member

They actually said on Reddit the return policy is good on these, so check back for restocks.

18. jimanchower

jimanchower Senior member

Climbers just got restocked if anybody's looking.

19. Widgets

Widgets Member

For those of you that are wearing pants with nanosphere - how often do you guys tumble dry or iron to re-activate it?

Which do you do? Dryer or iron?

I don't wash pants often, but I've noticed that the pairs I've worn for a couple of weeks have lost a lot of beading in comparison to a newer pair of dungarees I got.

20. velobran

velobran Senior member

Whenever I machine wash, I tumble dry just enough to dry them. Right now, my 3 way shorts get the most wear and I maybe wash them once a month or earlier if they are visibly dirty, but I also swim in them at least once a week. My 60/30 chinos are worn maybe 30% of the time and only washed when they are really dirty.