• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

centrix

Reaction score
is there a navy blue 60/30 chino?

US Grant

Reaction score

is there a navy blue 60/30 chino?

I have a pair of Navy I ordered in April 2013...they should be coming out with a few more colors soon (EG: the blacktint green). Hit them up via Twitter or email. They might let you know if it is coming in ASAP but more likely "Not now but possibly in the future..." Frustrating perhaps but I think the production is low enough that they really carefully consider every re-up.

centrix

Reaction score
That's pretty disappointing. I would have loved a pair of those.

Fixer22

Reaction score
FIrst time poster, occasional lurker......thought I would comment on the recent New OGs I just picked up. They seem to be a much more roomy thigh to leg opening cut than last season's which I also have. The Navy even more so than the Charcoal. Feel like I can only wear them with boots. Waist seems to be about the same.

Fixer22

Reaction score
^ don't disagree. I wish Proof would have a more regularly stocking procedure. I like the fit of their Nomads alot and would be my go-to had I been able to grab more than just the Pine and True Grays. Kicking myself for not grabbing the Ash Blues, but I had some Outlier Navy Lightweights which BTW, I also think fit great compared to the New OGs.

velobran

Reaction score
Can anyone compare the quality of manufacturing and materials of Proof to Outlier to Mission Workshop? And any others in this technical game. I like my Outliers, but curious how the others stack up.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ don't disagree.  I wish Proof would have a more regularly stocking procedure.  I like the fit of their Nomads alot and would be my go-to had I been able to grab more than just the Pine and True Grays.  Kicking myself for not grabbing the Ash Blues, but I had some Outlier Navy Lightweights which BTW, I also think fit great compared to the New OGs.

same here, bought true gray and pine, love the pine btw tone is soo versatile, but already had navy og's, amongst others, so passed on the ash blue, if anything I wish proof had more color options for the nomads
can you share more on the outlier lightweight fit vs og or nomad? I've yet to try those

Can anyone compare the quality of manufacturing and materials of Proof to Outlier to Mission Workshop? And any others in this technical game. I like my Outliers, but curious how the others stack up.

no exp with mission but the nomad is pretty much the exact same item as the og, same style, same fabric, save for better stitching and a slimmer top block on the nomad

Last edited:

rxryan

Reaction score
Quote:
I echo the sentiment on Proof's items. Quality is on par with Outlier's and perhaps better. I've had several issues with a few Outlier pieces made with the OG material (Schoeller 4-season). Stitching has come undone on both a pair of New OG's and 3-ways. I've also had several buttons pop off these items (and no I'm not wearing a size too small ha... have room to spare on the waist). I only have a couple of Mission Workshop pieces (Torre, Zurich), but both items blew me away in the quality and how well constructed they seemed to be. Whomever MW is using on the west coast to make their apparel is money. Small sample size, but early returns are that MW is tops among the three in terms of construction quality. Odd that their primary business is bags... although they are venturing hardcore into apparel.

Fixer22

Reaction score

Only experience I have with Mission is with some shorts I got. I wasn't crazy about them. The rise didn't suit me....very snug

Fixer22

Reaction score
Quote: Glad I am not the only one. I love Outlier, don't get me wrong, but their buttons are not sewn very well. I have had more than one waist button need to be re-sewn on both the OGs and Lights.

Fixer22

Reaction score
The Outlier Lights have a more tailored top block IMO compared to the OGs. Similar to the Nomads, but I would say the Nomads are a little slimmer. I'm not a tiny guy and I wear the same size in Outlier and Proof.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol at the "ultramerinosuede" outlier acting like they created something new. So pathetic. The pricing on the tees is hilarious. What a joke of a company

wizzeak

Reaction score

lol at the "ultramerinosuede" outlier acting like they created something new. So pathetic. The pricing on the tees is hilarious. What a joke of a company

Haven't pulled the trigger on anything Outlier yet but I'm starting to lean towards this direction... All of the ultramerinosuede products have a ridiculous price tag. $225 for a pair of beater shorts? So many people buy their products immediately at these prices though it's crazy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads