1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Roguls, Jan 15, 2011.

1. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

fuck I was about to buy a bunch of stuff earlier today including the new shorts but I couldn't decide between navy and purp, then someone bought the last of my size in merino co pivot. ended up not getting anything cause I dont want to drop $50 on shipping then another $40 later just for the shirt.

gonna wait for thursday to see whats in for returned items.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  2. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

Anyone have an idea what the front rise of the new way shorts would be? I tried asking them but didn't get a response.

3. Mehmet Korkmaz

Mehmet Korkmaz Senior member

I got a new pair of slim dungarees shipped back to me today, after I sent back a pair with really terribly stitching. The construction on the new pair seems alright, but it's not stellar overall. I'm surprised more people don't point this out.

They were kind enough to pay for return postage and ship it via express parcel internationally, which was very nice of them. Konrad was also helpful as well.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  4. vladdy

vladdy New Member

Which pair would you guys recommend for the most classic look? I would like to wear these to the office with a button down, and maybe sometimes a tie?

5. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

6. Jon L

Jon L Member

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  7. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

Does anyone have a merino co shirt? How are they. In desperate need of a travel shirt

8. brooks23

brooks23 Senior member

I really like them.

I have one and just ordered a second. The material is nice but probably a bit heavy for anything above the mid-80s, depending on where you're traveling. I havent worn it when it was that hot yet, but that's about where I'd guess it would start getting uncomfortable, at least if it's humid like it is where I live.

That said, the feel is excellent. The cotton in the fabric gives it a great hand feel for what can easily pass as either a dress shirt or casual one. The pocket is a bit unusual but I like it a lot more than I thought I would.

One word of advice would be to consider sizing down if you want a fitted shirt. The first run was pretty slim fitting at TTS, but I had to size down to get a similar fit in the second run, which was made bigger and longer.

9. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

Thanks for the input. How durable does the material feel.

10. brooks23

brooks23 Senior member

It seems like it could take a beating. Granted wool is always a bit less durable than full cotton/poly, but I don't expect it to wear through like their t-shirts are prone to doing (apparently, I haven't had one long enough yet).

Another option for a travel shirt is Wool & Prince. I have one of their full merino button ups as well and it's a much lighter (thinner) fabric. I'll probably wear it in the summer and the Merino/Co's in spring/fall/winter.

11. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Well-Known Member

none if youre going to pair it with a tie

1 person likes this.
  12. Newo

Newo Senior member

13. thisstylishlife

thisstylishlife Active Member

Looks cool, I like it. Wonder if they'll come out with the other work cloth colors.

14. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

Got a chance to test out my NYCO slims for the first time in the rain today. They worked pretty well in keeping the water out. I think these are a pretty underrated pant from them. Personally, I liked them better than the OG's (sent those back). These have decent water resistance as well, but they're more durable. I'm hoping they release a khaki version.

15. Mehmet Korkmaz

Proof NY just launched preorders for their new jeans at $125. It seems to be their answer to the Dungarees. It looks like denim, with its nylon-cotton blend, but it looks like the cheap sort. At the preorder price it's probably reasonable.

16. Exdeath

Exdeath Senior member

I saw that, but the denim looks awfully dad-jeans. I might have to give it a pass based on that alone.

17. einstine

einstine Senior member

They look like exact replicas of my Uniqlo heattech jeans, color and all.

18. brooks23

brooks23 Senior member

They looked decent on my tiny phone screen so I ordered a pair, but kinda meh now that I've seen them on a bigger screen. I'll probably send them back, but I'll try to post some thoughts on them based on at least trying them on.

19. tophat

tophat New Member

Has anybody tried Under Armour's performance chinos? Or, for that matter, any of their other technical fabric dress/casual pants (which it seems are mostly for golf)?

20. Mehmet Korkmaz

No, but I've never heard anything good about Underarmour. It's purportedly one of the few options if you have a mesomorphic body type, but that's it.