• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

dlm4114

Reaction score

I wouldnt get New OGs the pocket flare is ridiculous. 

You need to get the old og's

thanks for the info guys... i'm assuming there's not much of a chance of bringing those back, ha. any alternatives?

also -- is massif going out of business or something? the discounts seem like theyre on every product and theyre ~80% on the stuff i saw

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
huh, where is that happening? Might grab a pants for yardwork :p

SuEd

Reaction score
thanks for the info guys... i'm assuming there's not much of a chance of bringing those back, ha. any alternatives?

also -- is massif going out of business or something? the discounts seem like theyre on every product and theyre ~80% on the stuff i saw

Wait a few weeks for the next restock on the OGs, perhaps they'l fix the problem in a new batch.

Massif is discontinuing their 'civilian' line. They are traditionally a military/fire-fighting clothing company and were trying to break into the urban techwear market but I guess they didn't get much traction and decided to refocus on their core business. It's a shame really as there are a few gems in the collection and I'dhave liked to see how much they improved in their second or third year. I'm still considering that massif leather jacket (how many other techwear companies work with leather? It's a bit rare)

dlm4114

Reaction score
^^ i just googled "massif collection" and everything was precipitously marked down... i might get one of those blazers. i generally agree with a poster in this thread who said that tech blazers are "the answer to a question no one asked," but for $70 it might be worth trying one out. here's a link to the leather jacket suyi references:

http://www.massif.com/collection/jackets/l-001-patrol.html

thanks for the info on massif, suyi. unfortunately, re: the OGs, i don't think it was a mistake really; it's just the measurements that they list for this particular model pant. i was pretty surprised that the thigh is so slim; in my size they're a full 2.5 inches slimmer than the slim Ds (1.75" slimmer than the 60/30s and 1.5" < the climbers). given how slim i've heard the climbers run, the new OGs seem like they'd be unwearable for me.

on a happier note, one thing i like and appreciate a lot about outlier is that they provide extensive measurements for their products (particularly the pants) and lots of detailed information about their fabrics. i've been enjoying the convo here about outlier v. other brands, and i have gone through just about every manufacturer's website that's come up so far, and outlier is head and shoulders above everyone in that department as far as i can tell, which is pretty important (to me at least) when you're spending significant money on something that you're not buying in a store.

Last edited:

brooks23

Reaction score
Their fire sale has been going on for at least a couple months now.

brooks23

Reaction score
thanks for the info on massif, suyi. unfortunately, re: the OGs, i don't think it was a mistake really; it's just the measurements that they list for this particular model pant. i was pretty surprised that the thigh is so slim; in my size they're a full 2.5 inches slimmer than the slim Ds (1.75" slimmer than the 60/30s and 1.5" < the climbers). given how slim i've heard the climbers run, the new OGs seem like they'd be unwearable for me.

You have to consider that the OG's have 4-way stretch where the dungarees don't. They're not going to feel that much slimmer.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They've been on clearance since May, and last pricecut was in September so you are not wrong.

SuEd

Reaction score
They also added some old/warehouse stock after the last price cut. The grey wool officer's blazer was available for a while in September after supposedly being sold out since last season

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

unfortunately, re: the OGs, i don't think it was a mistake really; it's just the measurements that they list for this particular model pant. i was pretty surprised that the thigh is so slim; in my size they're a full 2.5 inches slimmer than the slim Ds (1.75" slimmer than the 60/30s and 1.5" < the climbers). given how slim i've heard the climbers run, the new OGs seem like they'd be unwearable for me.
You have to consider that the OG's have 4-way stretch where the dungarees don't. They're not going to feel that much slimmer. 

@dim, IMHO, I think you're looking at the climbers vs og fit comparison all wrong, I think most comments about the climbers running slim is more due to lower end tapper rather than upper thigh, also upper thigh measurements are taken at crotch level and I think that while the og stays pretty strait from there to the knee, the climbers taper more dramatically from that point downward to hem, and then the og have schoeller 4-way stretch which makes a HUGE different when it comes to fit/comfort/movility and the og dont tapper that much in the lower half either, I think its better to look at it this way.
- OG, slim strait cut, slimmer upper thigh with lots of stretch in fabric
- Climbers, skinny/tapered cut, slimmer knee & calf with less stretch

I also think that just by looking at the "pants" page on outliers website and comparing visually both models you can get a better understanding about why the OG would fit looser even though they have a slimmer upper thigh measurements, HTH's.

Last edited:

caid-bp7

Reaction score
Regarding Massif - here was the auction that sold all the remaining stock. I'm assuming the website is just whoever bought that running down the remaining pieces.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Think I will get that Doublefine Shawl.. I do agree with what was said a few pages back that I hope Outlier refines their pieces instead of releasing new stuff constantly.

I'm loving the increase popularity of techwear. I have different measurments than most people which makes clothes restricting as ****, and things like gussets are a life saver. Especially since I'm obsessed with mobility and how my posture is during the day.

Last edited:

brooks23

Reaction score
Don't really understand the point of it. It just adds panels of less technical fabric that inhibits flexibility.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads