1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Roguls, Jan 15, 2011.

1. centrix

centrix Senior member

is there a navy blue 60/30 chino?

2. deadsunrise

deadsunrise Well-Known Member

3. US Grant

US Grant Senior member

I have a pair of Navy I ordered in April 2013...they should be coming out with a few more colors soon (EG: the blacktint green). Hit them up via Twitter or email. They might let you know if it is coming in ASAP but more likely "Not now but possibly in the future..." Frustrating perhaps but I think the production is low enough that they really carefully consider every re-up.

4. centrix

centrix Senior member

That's pretty disappointing. I would have loved a pair of those.

5. Fixer22

Fixer22 Member

FIrst time poster, occasional lurker......thought I would comment on the recent New OGs I just picked up. They seem to be a much more roomy thigh to leg opening cut than last season's which I also have. The Navy even more so than the Charcoal. Feel like I can only wear them with boots. Waist seems to be about the same.

6. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

^thanks, guess I'll be getting more nomads then

7. Fixer22

Fixer22 Member

^ don't disagree. I wish Proof would have a more regularly stocking procedure. I like the fit of their Nomads alot and would be my go-to had I been able to grab more than just the Pine and True Grays. Kicking myself for not grabbing the Ash Blues, but I had some Outlier Navy Lightweights which BTW, I also think fit great compared to the New OGs.

8. velobran

velobran Senior member

Can anyone compare the quality of manufacturing and materials of Proof to Outlier to Mission Workshop? And any others in this technical game. I like my Outliers, but curious how the others stack up.

9. canstyleace

same here, bought true gray and pine, love the pine btw tone is soo versatile, but already had navy og's, amongst others, so passed on the ash blue, if anything I wish proof had more color options for the nomads
    can you share more on the outlier lightweight fit vs og or nomad? I've yet to try those

no exp with mission but the nomad is pretty much the exact same item as the og, same style, same fabric, save for better stitching and a slimmer top block on the nomad

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  10. rxryan

rxryan Well-Known Member

Quote:I echo the sentiment on Proof's items. Quality is on par with Outlier's and perhaps better. I've had several issues with a few Outlier pieces made with the OG material (Schoeller 4-season). Stitching has come undone on both a pair of New OG's and 3-ways. I've also had several buttons pop off these items (and no I'm not wearing a size too small ha... have room to spare on the waist). I only have a couple of Mission Workshop pieces (Torre, Zurich), but both items blew me away in the quality and how well constructed they seemed to be. Whomever MW is using on the west coast to make their apparel is money. Small sample size, but early returns are that MW is tops among the three in terms of construction quality. Odd that their primary business is bags... although they are venturing hardcore into apparel.

11. Fixer22

Fixer22 Member

Only experience I have with Mission is with some shorts I got. I wasn't crazy about them. The rise didn't suit me....very snug

12. Fixer22

Fixer22 Member

13. Fixer22

Fixer22 Member

The Outlier Lights have a more tailored top block IMO compared to the OGs. Similar to the Nomads, but I would say the Nomads are a little slimmer. I'm not a tiny guy and I wear the same size in Outlier and Proof.

14. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

lol at the "ultramerinosuede" outlier acting like they created something new. So pathetic. The pricing on the tees is hilarious. What a joke of a company

15. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

Haven't pulled the trigger on anything Outlier yet but I'm starting to lean towards this direction... All of the ultramerinosuede products have a ridiculous price tag. $225 for a pair of beater shorts? So many people buy their products immediately at these prices though it's crazy.

16. canstyleace

so true, but regardless of all the hype the schoeller 4season 4-way stretch fabric is unmatched ime
    I've bought 5 pairs of these pants and only paid retail on my first pair, the 4 others were kopped<150/ea delivered and I'm more than happy with that

17. aeymxq

aeymxq Active Member

the most ridiculous part of the ultra merino suede collection is that fucking T-shirt with the seemingly functionless square of Ultrasuede. basically the merino t, but$22 more expensive. rolling my goddamn eyes.

that said, I am going to Ecuador and want to cop a pair of their shorts, ideally trunks. any size from 30 to 32 would be cool, not picky about colour but would prefer something neutral. if any of y'all have a pair you want to unload hit me up yo!

2 people like this.
  18. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

ahaha :rotflmao:

"The base of this t-shirt is our Ultrafine Merino T-Shirt... We’ve taken this base and detailed it with a square of Ultrasuede on the hem of the body."

legit laughed when I read that.

19. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Supposedly, for cleaning glasses. Whatever.

That collection is the dumbest shit ever and I'm a huge Outlier fan. They must have made super limited quantities because they are already sold out in several sizes in everything.

20. Exdeath

Exdeath Senior member

I like Outlier, and own a shitton of stuff from them, but jesus, this is terrible. It's like that jacket they did where they replaced Schoeller with their NYCO fabric (which is nowhere as weather-resistant) on all the bits that would get exposed to rain the most. Great idea there.

I see some of you have mentioned Proof - just found out about this brand. What's the popular opinion? I was thinking of getting a couple of new OGs but the Nomads look boss. I tried out another weatherproof tech pant company (Nonetheless Clothing/Makers & Riders) but their communication and returns are subpar, for lack of a more diplomatic word.

(Actually I might get the Surfaces instead - I'm a huge fan of the 60/30 chino, and the color options look way more awesome. Oxblood, yo)