1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Roguls, Jan 15, 2011.

1. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

Anybody try on a proof oxford?

2. deadsunrise

deadsunrise Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  3. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Honestly, the home collection is something I really don't have any interest in. I know Outlier mentioned they were gonna have a release for the holidays real soon and I'm pretty disappointed by this. I was hoping for gloves or scarves.

I have read interviews with Abe and Tyler and they didn't really set out to be a clothing company--they are more about design. I think they have mentioned that who knows if Outlier will still be clothing in 10-15 years.

If this is a direction they are heading in, honestly, kind of a weak effort. I don't want to pay $75 for a bath towel.

4. einstine

einstine Senior member

So close too buying that robe, should I do it?

Just want to wear it around the house. A cheap linen cardigan will accomplish that want, but I want to look fresh for my cat.:happy:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  5. US Grant

US Grant Senior member

I'd say no personally. $188 robe is pretty steep and this is coming from someone with a healthy Outlier closet. I don't know, I'm on a 'buy less' kick after thinking about what I buy and how to be more simple. You can do without it. The Outlier scarcity is pushing you a little I'm sure.

Save the money or go on a trip. You'll remember that trip when you are 60 instead of why you really needed that $188 robe.

2 people like this.
  6. Isachenko

Isachenko Senior member

For that price you can get a plush thick organic cotton robe, with no agent orange going on your sac.

2 people like this.
  7. brooks23

brooks23 Senior member

I like mine. It fits really well and the Nyco is way softer than I thought it would be for a shirt. Nothing super proprietary but if you're looking for a classic piece like that, you aren't looking for something exciting.

1 person likes this.
  8. Newo

Newo Senior member

What size are you looking for? I have a basically mint condition Medium that I'm not giving much wear this season.

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Are the merino shirts OK to hang on hangers? Or should they be treated like knits?

10. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

^ definitely like knits

11. centrix

centrix Senior member

does anyone have any experience with the ultralight shorts? how do they compare to the 3way shorts? kind of like the pleating going on in front of the shorts

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

word, thanks

13. brooks23

brooks23 Senior member

Another example... just today they finally released a "miscut" version of the 60/30's, and the color of olive isn't even the same. It looks completely washed out (would be great for a M*A*S*H Halloween costume) and now I've sat here waiting on them for 3 months, probably 4 or 5 by the time they get them in cut correctly and they never bothered to mention in their correspondence that the color wouldn't be the same. So frustrating.

1 person likes this.
  14. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

bro they are a pair of shitty pants. chill.

1 person likes this.
  15. caid-bp7

caid-bp7 Active Member

If these were pants from an actual fashion label would you be complaining that they aren't making the same things as previous seasons? It's pretty obvious that their MO these days is to make whatever they feel like. I'm not sure they owe it to you to make the same pair of pants over and over.

That being said if they ever stop making slim dungs I'll be in the same boat as you.

1 person likes this.
  16. velobran

velobran Senior member

I think they said the correct cut 60/30 would be available in 2 weeks (maybe because they are taking the week off next week?).

I bought a pair of "looses" to try them out since I was always eying the keirin cut pants.

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

What's the difference between 60/30 and the NYCO stuff?

Hmm it's got a short rise still..

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  18. velobran

velobran Senior member

The NYCOs are 50% nylon / 50% cotton - no stretch, but fabric will break-in. 60/30s have 4 way stretch and are stain and water resistant. From the site "Schoeller twill with NanoSphere[​IMG] treatment".

I see it as: 60/30s are technical pants. NYCOs are just really tough pants. I have a pair of 60/30s coming and have been wanting to try the NYCOs for awhile. I kept putting off buying until I'd be in NYC so I could try them on, but haven't had the time to get up there.

19. brooks23

brooks23 Senior member

Point is it's frustrating to be strung along for months hearing that they'll have a certain item with no mention that it won't really be that item at all. I realize they do switch colors up, but they have restocked them in olive drab enough to give the impression that it's a staple color. Just annoying.

20. rxryan

rxryan Well-Known Member

Scratch that. Took "Twitter only" as meaning only sending notification of the sale via that route and not an email.

Regardless... waited 5 min to think over a pair of red ultralights one size larger than what I typically go with and they were snagged! Snooze, ya lose...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013