1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Roguls, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Epik

Epik Well-Known Member

Black is in stock for the Merino Tees. About time.

2. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

They need to come out with some kind of schoeller pocket scarf or something.

3. chinesealpha

chinesealpha Senior member

Pocket flare is probably caused by the pants being too tight across the ass, and is exacerbated by tightness in the thighs.

Tightness across the seat could be fixable with dress pants, since they have extra fabric at the back seam. Are Outlier pants made this way?

Tightness in the thighs you have to live with.

4. brianhylton

brianhylton Member

the 31's aren't tight around my thighs nor across the seat, yet they flare just as bad as the 30's

5. canstyleace

Yeah, neither the 4 season or new og's are tight in the ass or quads on me, in fact both are a bit loose, yet I still got pocket flare with the newer version,,, I still love the pants and wear them a lot, although now I slightly prefer the fit on the nomads.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  6. rxryan

rxryan Well-Known Member

So these Outlier x Vans Bedfords that came out last month and sold out fairly fast... well a site called Tactics apparently has some stock. I bought two additional pairs.

They're way more comfy than I even thought and the quality is pretty outstanding. I know they were marketed as a summer sneaker of sorts, but I'm thinking slim dungarees and Bedford's all fall and winter.

Just a bit stunned. Thought it was a limited run only available from Outlier.cc. Vans OTW site doesn't even stock them. Weird.

1 person likes this.
  7. SuEd

SuEd Senior member

District Footwear also has a couple sizes of the Outlier x Vans. Odd distribution but I'm not complaining.

8. rm20

rm20 Member

hey all. joined SF recently. have been looking for a pair of good protective + fashionable motorcycle jeans. my search led me to schoeller fabrics and then here to SF, and I recently discovered outlier. looks pretty interesting.

curious has anyone ever used their pants as protective riding gear? i'm not talking serious highway miles...more just zipping around the city at lower speeds (20 - 40 mph)

thanks!

9. canstyleace

I ride around town on my mp3 once in a while, never been down though so not sure what that will tell you.
    I think you're best bet would be to go with the dungarees, seems to be the more abrasion resistant fabric.

10. rm20

rm20 Member

thanks cansty. yeah those look interesting b/c of the slight stretch, but not super cheap (for another $50 can get fully kevar lined). they looks great though...

11. canstyleace

With outlier theres basically 4 types of fabric for pants, the scholler 4 season on OG's, the workcloth canvas on the dungarees, the 60/30 chino and the nyco slims.

I think for motorcycle riding you need a good balance of flexibility and abrasion resistance, or fabric toughness, so heres mho on how the stack up against each other
    nyco, ++++ tough, + flex
    60/30, ++tough, ++ flex
    OG + tough, ++++ flex
    Canvas +++ tough, +++ flex

Then theres the comfort factor which is pretty subjective, imho the og's win hands down for comfort with the dungarees second, next would be chinos and least would probably be the nyco but then again once worn in I imagine they could get pretty decent as well.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  12. rm20

rm20 Member

whoa...awesome. thanks for that. yeah my issue is that there just seems to be very little attractive, reasonably priced protective clothing out there.

the nyco's are a little bit more affordable though so maybe i'll give those a try. thanks so much again for the help!

13. joshualim90

joshualim90 Active Member

4season is the least durable?

14. canstyleace

I wasnt referring to durability, they're all pretty durable, people have worn then day in and day out for years and still going, so no, durability is good on all, i'd say really good on the 4 season.

I was referencing fabric toughness, abrasion resistance, you know like if you scraped the knee against pavement or something, in that sense yeah, the 4 season fabric would be on the lower scale compared to the other fabrics.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  15. joshualim90

joshualim90 Active Member

Anyone tried the 60/30 before? Somehow no one has ever written a review on them.

16. canstyleace

Maybe 'cuz theres nothing really that special about them, imho fit is better on the og's or dungarees, and for a more regular fabric choice the nycos seem like the better value and fit.

I've tried the 60/30 on and thought they were ok but for the same price I prefer dungs or og's (better fit, nicer fabric, more comfortable).

17. SuEd

SuEd Senior member

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  18. SuEd

SuEd Senior member

I'm seeing much less pocket flare with the OGs up at the navel, while wearing a belt

19. aeymxq

aeymxq Active Member

anyone have anything to say re: the new air forged shirt? is it true that sweat doesn't show through? because omfg.

20. canstyleace

Currently I roll up mine and usually leave half to no break, but now the inner fabric is starting to pile a bit at the roll point so I'm thinking of finally having them hemmed, no cuff and I'll probably do a full break natural (half break with hem folded once simulating cuffs), still not sure if I'll hem all my pants though, probably start with the older ones (most piling) and see how it goes.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.