• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

Totakeke

Reaction score
The OGs are great but I don't think their shirts are worth the premium.

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The OGs are great but I don't think their shirts are worth the premium.
The collars suck on them. They actually price dropped them today. I still wouldnt buy them, since they stated they will be coming out with something new and that will obviously be better "I would hope".

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The collars suck on them. They actually price dropped them today. I still wouldnt buy them, since they stated they will be coming out with something new and that will obviously be better "I would hope".
thanks for the info

Totakeke

Reaction score
I actually like the one shirt I bought from them... but there wasn't really much about it that justifies the high price.

PattyC

Reaction score
hittin the high 30s in Toronto, they need to restock the three way longs asap :nodding:

HansPhonetic

Reaction score

http://shop.outlier.cc/shop/retail/blazed2.html

Is the large really measuring at 40 or is it for 40 chest? Just trying to figure out sizing.

It definitely doesn't measure at 40. I have a size small Mojave that measures 20.25 PTP and a FreeFlannel over shirt in small that measures 20.25 PTP. Both of those I bought new and I've only hang-dried them. I wish they fit more slim, especially the Mojave: it's very billowy around my slim waist.
I also bought a linen High Desert pivot in small on Ebay but it fits too small at 19" PTP and 17" STS. I would gladly throw in a few bucks to trade it for a medium.

Previously I owned a Blazed Pivot in medium and a Northeast Pivot in medium, both of which I sold to size down but I'm finding that I'm right in between sizes because of my athletic build.

For reference, I'm just a hair shy of 6', ~165lbs (I haven't weighed myself in a while), with a 37.75" chest. I may grow out of my Mojave and FreeFlannel if I bulk up much more, but I don't like how Outlier's mediums billow around my lower torso.

Last edited:

deadsunrise

Reaction score

...but I don't like how Outlier's mediums billow around my lower torso.

I think that all of them do, I have 3; cali, northeast and a experimental tack collar in S and they fit nicely on the shoulders but pretty wide on the bottom part. I'm not fat neither athletic (5'10' - 159) and they are just not slim enough. Also, on the long sleeve versions, the sleeves could be a bit longer.

I hope that they make a new model of shirt, I like the blazed cotton fabric but they will probably change it for a better material, I just hope that they update the cut and make it a bit slimmer because I need to buy some for autumn.

Teapot418

Reaction score

I think the Climbers are too slim for my legs. I might try the Dungarees or Keirin cut. The fabric is pretty great though.

Last edited:

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look good, how did you size? Im a true 30 and sized to a 31 on the climbers so I could wear them with boots without looking like a clown. Make sure your wearing them right, the back waist is higher then normal, so you dont get saggy ass lol

Last edited:

Teapot418

Reaction score
They look good, how did you size? Im a true 30 and sized to a 31 on the climbers so I could wear them with boots without looking like a clown. Make sure your wearing them right, the back waist is higher then normal, so you dont get saggy ass lol
Thanks, upon further reflection I'm starting to think it's the material being super stretchy and feeling different from what I'm used to. I'm about a true 34 and those are size 33s. For comparison, I wear 32 in Uniqlo's vintage khakis and my 34 rivet chinos from Epaulet are too big (clothes no longer fitting is the worst part of getting thinner).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads