1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Roguls, Jan 15, 2011.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

thanks for the info

2. Totakeke

Totakeke Senior member

I actually like the one shirt I bought from them... but there wasn't really much about it that justifies the high price.

3. PattyC

PattyC Senior member

hittin the high 30s in Toronto, they need to restock the three way longs asap :nodding:

4. crucialkc

crucialkc Well-Known Member

x2

btw, got some OG's (36) and three ways (34) up in B&S. prices negotiable.

5. HansPhonetic

HansPhonetic Senior member

It definitely doesn't measure at 40. I have a size small Mojave that measures 20.25 PTP and a FreeFlannel over shirt in small that measures 20.25 PTP. Both of those I bought new and I've only hang-dried them. I wish they fit more slim, especially the Mojave: it's very billowy around my slim waist.
    I also bought a linen High Desert pivot in small on Ebay but it fits too small at 19" PTP and 17" STS. I would gladly throw in a few bucks to trade it for a medium.

Previously I owned a Blazed Pivot in medium and a Northeast Pivot in medium, both of which I sold to size down but I'm finding that I'm right in between sizes because of my athletic build.

For reference, I'm just a hair shy of 6', ~165lbs (I haven't weighed myself in a while), with a 37.75" chest. I may grow out of my Mojave and FreeFlannel if I bulk up much more, but I don't like how Outlier's mediums billow around my lower torso.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  6. deadsunrise

deadsunrise Well-Known Member

I think that all of them do, I have 3; cali, northeast and a experimental tack collar in S and they fit nicely on the shoulders but pretty wide on the bottom part. I'm not fat neither athletic (5'10' - 159) and they are just not slim enough. Also, on the long sleeve versions, the sleeves could be a bit longer.

I hope that they make a new model of shirt, I like the blazed cotton fabric but they will probably change it for a better material, I just hope that they update the cut and make it a bit slimmer because I need to buy some for autumn.

1 person likes this.
  7. Teapot418

Teapot418 Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

I think the Climbers are too slim for my legs. I might try the Dungarees or Keirin cut. The fabric is pretty great though.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  8. einstine

einstine Senior member

They look good, how did you size? Im a true 30 and sized to a 31 on the climbers so I could wear them with boots without looking like a clown. Make sure your wearing them right, the back waist is higher then normal, so you dont get saggy ass lol

9. einstine

einstine Senior member

Iphone double post.

10. Teapot418

Thanks, upon further reflection I'm starting to think it's the material being super stretchy and feeling different from what I'm used to. I'm about a true 34 and those are size 33s. For comparison, I wear 32 in Uniqlo's vintage khakis and my 34 rivet chinos from Epaulet are too big (clothes no longer fitting is the worst part of getting thinner).

11. einstine

einstine Senior member

I would try a 34 or 35 then.

12. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

If a 34 EP is too big, then a 33 in Outlier will work

13. Teapot418

Well, in the end I decided I'm not comfortable with the cut of the Climbers so I'm going to try out the Dungarees. Hopefully the inseam isn't too short.

14. einstine

einstine Senior member

Dunagrees are nothing to compare to the fabric of the climbers tough.

15. PattyC

PattyC Senior member

Got hit with some customs charges today, even with USPS. Only $26, not a big deal, probably less than whatever UPS would charge.

16. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Man every time I check the price of the OG Pant it fucking goes up! I wish I got it like a year or two ago when I found out about it.

17. stevent

stevent Senior member

To be fair they do give you a month or so each time before they increase prices

18. SuEd

SuEd Senior member

Sometimes CanadaPost asks for customs but like you said it's not a big deal. At least it doesn't include bullshit brokerage fees.

Was that for the three way longs?

19. HansPhonetic

Shipping into the US, I think it's a rule of thumb that anything over $200 gets hit by customs. Does it work similarly in other countries?

I like how FarFetch and other places assume customs charges into the price they charge.. Makes it simple.

20. HansPhonetic