1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Roguls, Jan 15, 2011.

1. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

The slim dungarees almost feel more durable than the OGs because they don't stretch as much. FYI I fell off my skateboard onto concrete the other day and couldn't see any wear on the dungarees

2. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

concur, that double faced canvas fabric should last longer than the four way stretch.

3. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

I wouldn't go down to a 29. I wear a 31 in raw too, and to tell you the truth 30 or 32 in Outlier works for me.

4. nandreetta

nandreetta Member

The sizes are two down from the actual waistband measurement, so if you have a measuring tape you can wrap around yourself wherever you normally wear pants, that's your best bet.

As for dungarees in winter, that's down to personal preference above anything. I've hardly worn mine without long johns underneath so far this year, but we still have freezing temperatures even though it's "spring." Anything above 10 C / 50 F and they should be fine on their own.

5. Epik

Epik Well-Known Member

Anyone have the three way shorts and use them for yoga? Are they flexible enough?

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Will the Keirin Cuts bag out? Got a size 34, just wondering if they will stretch a ton.

7. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

I can pretty much do the splits in my 60/30 chinos and og pants. I don't think constant stretching, especially against the seams will make it last long. especially if it's 3-way fabric.

8. smz180

smz180 Member

bit late, but I found the peacoat was true to size, tried both the large and medium on while at the showroom.

I'm usually a Medium, although I tend to be a Large in more tailored jackets, and to my surprise ended up with a M - fits snug but stretch still allows for thicker sweaters. I'm 5'10, 175lbs.

I find Outlier's button stitching a bit shoddy in general, but no other complaints after my first winter with it.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  9. Epik

Epik Well-Known Member

Yeah the shorts have 4-way stretch fabric. Has that been known to be less durable? I don't mind paying a tailor to stitch them later on after wear and tear I was just wondering if they were stretchy enough in the first place. Thinking about picking up some three-ways and the summer trousers.

And in response to the other post, a lot of people were complaining about Outlier's buttons in the AMA on reddit. He responded saying it was due to the sort of fabric they work with and the sort of high-energy stress people put their clothes through. Canned, bullshit response so hopefully they work on their buttons.

10. einstine

einstine Senior member

MIne gave in about 5 wears, then I sent them back.

11. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

The summer trousers drape differently because it's such a light fabric. I don't necessarily know if it'll mess the fabric up, but you'll probably wear down the innerfabric (dryskin or whatever). It can definitely stretch for yoga positions.

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Gotcha, I should probably size down then. They are very light feeling, more lighter than expected. I was expecting something more substantial.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  13. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

I've had gym sessions in the 3-Ways while traveling since I forgot my gym shorts. They're stretchy and flexible enough for pretty much anything.

I find the Keirin Cuts behave a lot like denim. I've had mine for quite some time now and they tend to feel slightly snug after a wash, and then with the first wear them stretch out to the perfect fit again. The stretch is super minimal, but noticeable.

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

15. einstine

einstine Senior member

Yea I know the feeling, they just don't feel worth $200. The other pants are worth it I think.

16. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

I dig it. Too bad the blazer isn't double-vent though

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Gotcha, thanks.

Are the other ones a bit heavier feeling?

18. einstine

einstine Senior member

A little, there just better material, and thats why they cost more. Dungarees are nice, but you could find pants made with similar material for $60, but sacrifice on design then.

*I think Levis commuter pants would be good for you if you don't care about the stretch. They are also heavier/thicker.

I love Outlier by the way, and would pick there products over practically any. There just not for everybody.

19. einstine

einstine Senior member

FYI - New three way shorts run tight, buy tts.

20. Leather

Leather Senior member

They're man... they're

1 person likes this.