1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Outlet stores

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by matadorpoeta, May 10, 2004.

1. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

MP:

I think it's a bit out of the way if you're going to Vegas.

HOWEVER the NMLC at the outlets in Primm, NV, just S of LV is supposed to be the best one in the country....

2. coatandthai

coatandthai Senior member

I believe the whole business of outlet malls has changed. Originally it was a way to get rid of unsold or out of season merchandise. Then they took off, becoming the number one growth sector for new retail rentals (still is according to a REIT survey I saw). But the stores realized they were cannibalizing their own customers; in other words, Nordstrom customers were buying less at the retail store and more at the Rack. So the outles stores introduced more and more house brands and fewer items of retail merchandise.

Now it seems the retail merchandise is limited to a few gems sprinkled amongst the "junk." The outlet store has become more like a hit or miss treasure hunt than a real bargain. I predict a decline in outlet stores as they are replaced by low-price branded stores entirely.

3. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior member

I was at the Primm Neiman Marcus last Saturday. Wow. If you're a fan of Bally shoes, the $700 range, that seems to be the place. Lots of stuff, depending on your likes.

4. MikeF

MikeF Senior member

How much were the Ballys going for? And what sort of styles?

5. Vegas

Vegas Member

I've lived in Las Vegas for about 4 months now and have made quite a few trips to the outlet stores in Primm. The NMLC, in particular, has some great items if you get there at the right time. I usually keep my eye out for suits and have noticed a fairly sizeable selection including Brioni, Kiton, and Oxxford. Unfortunately, most of the time the Brioni and Kiton items are only sports coats. The NMLC also has a large selection of Ike Behar shirts and a number of interesting ties. Shoes, in my 10ish size, are generally Magli and Polo.