• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outfits for Work - Streetwear Store

shy

Reaction score
I have just got a job at a streetwear store (never mind the brands) and was wondering what different options I had for outfits.

Obviously I have my opinions but what are some of yours?

Bearing in mind its "streetwear"

Cheers

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you'd probably want to dress similar to what the store image is.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We need more information. What do you mean by streetwear? You're not going to dress the same if you work at H&M or at Hot Topic or at some hip-hop style place.

Best advice is what stickonatree said.

Mrs. Savage

Reaction score
I would pick up a couple of pieces form the store you just started working at and mix it into your wardrobe.

velobran

Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
Is A&F considered streetwear? I guess it could be.

I guess it could be. I DO see many people wearing it on the street ... or lying passed out on street ... or screaming "BRO" across the street

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shy
I have just got a job at a streetwear store (never mind the brands) and was wondering what different options I had for outfits.

Obviously I have my opinions but what are some of yours?

Bearing in mind its "streetwear"

Cheers

I'd say it really depends where you work. Dressing well and working at a clothing store could be two completely different things. I mean if you work at Abercrombie and Fitch and you come in wearing selvedge Dior 19cm jeans and an Armani polo you may look good, but you'll look very very out of place.

Even if you don't like the clothes the store you work at sells, I'd still stock up anyways. People who come in your store want those types of products, and if you're going to sell them imo you should have them on as sort of a display of how it can look.

Originally Posted by montecristo#4
Is A&F considered streetwear? I guess it could be.

Sure it's considered streetwear.

Is it good looking streetwear?
crackup[1].gif
rotflmao.gif

SantosLHalper

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if this was not a requirement that you wear what they sell at the store. I'd also be surprised if they did not offer some kind of discount so that you would be able to buy some of the merchandise, especially considering retail wages these days.

shy

Reaction score
Yes I will have to wear the brands we stock. Although I'm not entirely sure which brands they are at the moment.

We also get a clothing allowance which is quite cool.

In terms of look, it is very much an A&F streetwear store (jokes aside).

Shall I just stick to that style and think of it as a uniform?

Or try and dress it up a bit?

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shy
Yes I will have to wear the brands we stock. Although I'm not entirely sure which brands they are at the moment.

We also get a clothing allowance which is quite cool.

In terms of look, it is very much an A&F streetwear store (jokes aside).

Shall I just stick to that style and think of it as a uniform?

Or try and dress it up a bit?

With all due respect, how the hell did you get a job at a streetwear store when (i) you have no ability to identify what you should wear to work and (ii) you don't even know what brands are being sold?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
As a new hire they will probably give you a detailed 'look' they want you to wear. In my experience they are typically guidelines. And while they'd prefer you to wear in house brands, you don't necessarily have to. For instance at abercrombie (i work there... yeah, i know) i just have to wear neutral colored unbranded shoes, jeans, and a white brown or green colored top. I wear the 517s i am breaking in, aa t-shirts and my jack purcells . if its an af type store you probably already own a lot of acceptable pieces is what i am getting at. most of the merchandise sold is branded basics , atleast in most mall 'streetwear ' stores.

just ask your manager/s

shy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
With all due respect, how the hell did you get a job at a streetwear store when (i) you have no ability to identify what you should wear to work and (ii) you don't even know what brands are being sold?

(i) If you read my original post - I do have my own opinions on what to wear. I was simply getting some further thoughts.

(ii) Obviously I asked during the interviews but it is a new shop and not all brands have been finalised.

Sylvr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King

x2

think of yourself as a walking manakin. wear your store brands and dress like you know where your products are and what sizes you have left in the back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics