1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Outerwear

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, Aug 15, 2006.

1. j

j Senior member Admin

Exactly what I was going to say. Nothing worse on a winter coat than exposing your wrists to the cold every time you move. The sleeves are perfect on a coat meant to actually keep you warm.
    My peacoat has longer than usual sleeves, and works perfectly with gloves, but they are still not that long. But the nice thing about the herringbone coat is that with the leather there, you don't have to worry about having the end of the cuffs discolored because they are too long. No big, it doesn't ruin it for me, I would just fix it how I like it if it were mine.

2. j

j Senior member Admin

PS, there are some nice peacoats by Neil Barrett on Yoox. Still a few $ though.

3. jet

jet Senior member

Any of you guys know where I can find the black rag bone safari jacket hook a brotha up please.

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Picked up a Banana Republic black peacoat today that I actually liked. The size small fit real well, fairly slim....as slim as a peacoat can be I guess. It's not wool (which I like), but a heavy cotton moleskin-like fabric. I'd guess about 20oz so it's a bit lighter than a real navy coat. Cost a lot more than one from Sterling..$250 but I've never liked *real* peacoats because of the wool which I just cant stand. So this was a nice alternative that I can stare at for a few weeks and figure out if I want to keep it or return it.

5. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Wish I could wear jackets. I have not actually needed a jacket in years - yet I have several nice ones [​IMG] Getsmart: I also have a BR camel-coloured knee length single-breasted coat which is surprisingly decent.

6. nemuu

nemuu Senior member

Picking this baby up soon!

[​IMG]

7. ingraman

ingraman Well-Known Member

I just got a duffle coat (mens), but I'm ridiculously paranoid that people will think I'm wearing a woman's coat, since I've never seen a guy wear one before. Any opinions? [​IMG]

8. digital_denim

digital_denim Senior member

I think it looks good. But maybe wearing them with long pants or denim would look less ladylike.

9. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

I just got a duffle coat (mens), but I'm ridiculously paranoid that people will think I'm wearing a woman's coat, since I've never seen a guy wear one before. Any opinions?

[​IMG]

At least traditionally, duffle coats are definitely more of a men's garment.

10. jet

jet Senior member

Any of you guys know where I can find the black rag bone safari jacket hook a brotha up please.

bump!

Also, the eg whipcord jacket still looking for it fellas thanks.

11. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

I just got a duffle coat (mens), but I'm ridiculously paranoid that people will think I'm wearing a woman's coat, since I've never seen a guy wear one before. Any opinions?

[​IMG]

I too think it's a pretty sweet coat. The greyish tone makes it a little more masculine than a woman's. The way you carry yourself in it will play a role. Be confident in it, like Brad Pitt in Ocean's Twelve, in that trench coat.

12. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

Madam, you might want to ask your husband what he thinks.

(Just kidding, I think it looks fine. I'd wear that.)

13. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

do you guys usually get your winter outerwear fitted or a bit loose for layering and a bit of extra room?

14. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

do you guys usually get your winter outerwear fitted or a bit loose for layering and a bit of extra room?

Depends on the piece... that shearling leather jacket I posted last night has a bit of room so I could wear a sweater or suit jacket under it...

15. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Senior member

What do you guys think of this Monarchy jacket? I recently picked it up at MetroPark (who carries some nice stuff occasionally), and have very mixed feelings about it. It has a beautiful cut, in that it hugs my slim form nicely, but the hoodie layered under the corduroy blazer almost seems too busy for me? I think it looks youthful, but I'm 26 so... [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

personally i find "pre-layered" pieces if that is what you want to call them, garbage, i'd much rather layer myself if i was going to do such a thing...

i am really not a fan of those

17. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

the embrodery doesnt help either...

18. FormulaQ

FormulaQ Senior member

This is the latest jacket I bought from Diesel, which should work for the majority of fall/winter days in SoCal...otherwise I have plenty of other jackets. I've been surprised at how much Diesel gear I've been seeing for fall/winter that I like.

Pic from Revolve:
    [​IMG]

and maybe I need a sanity check but I saw this Juicy Couture jacket at Saks and really liked it.

[​IMG]

i believe i have this JC one in black, i can give you info if you want. Its really nice,and the lining has a really awesome graphic

19. Jbreen1

Jbreen1 Senior member

I own this from Diesel. It's all leather and it's pretty cool. I wear it on my motorcycle sometimes.
    [​IMG][/IMG]