• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Out to diner in Chicago, what to wear?

dpatsil

Reaction score
I live in the West Loop and go to Japonais because it is closer than Mirai. Although, I really like Mirai. I used to live in LP and the memories were so bad (traffic, yuppies), I try not to venture north of Armitage anymore. I also used to go to Sushi Wabi but it gets too loud (I'm 38) in there at times.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the same items at Japonais are just not as tasty as they are at Mirai.

JP Tod

Reaction score
5+ years ago, I used to swear by Sushi Wabi, but it's really gone downhill IMO.

These days, I usually go to Rise because it's within walking distance of my place. Kaze is pretty good, if you're venturing up north.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another one I find useful, but a little overrated is Agame in uptown. But they do have huge pieces.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads