• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Out of season clothes

matt0000

Reaction score
Is there a place to find out of season clothes?

Do designers re-release previous years designs?

matt0000

Reaction score
Oh and that was my first post, so I guess I should say hello to the boards.

I'm a recent college graduate, beginning to take an interest in fashion. I love GQ, esquire, Details, and Men's Vogue magazines. I decided since I am graduating and entering the "real world" I should begin to look professional and stylish.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
I find it odd that you are asking where to find out-of-date clothes in order to be stylish =)

AB01

Reaction score
He said stylish. Not fashion. The basics of style stay the same for a decade or more like a nice white dress shirt.
Right now I cannot find a light blue shirt because it's out of season.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
I find it odd that you are asking where to find out-of-date clothes in order to be stylish =)

...think buying white pants in the winter.....Not padded shoulders and power ties in 2008.

at least thats my intrepretation

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AB01
Right now I cannot find a light blue shirt because it's out of season.

Same here.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Will
Good news. Once you start havng your clothes made you'll find that they are inevitably delivered a week or two after the season for which they are intended.

So true! LOL

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Will
Good news. Once you start havng your clothes made you'll find that they are inevitably delivered a month or two after the season for which they are intended.

Fixed
wink.gif

Material Boy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matt0000

I've seen Ralph Lauren re-release items from prior years/seasons. Two years ago, Ralph has a cruise line called "Black Yacht", in this group, there is a black/white crewneck cashmere sweaters with MSRP $425. Last year, I saw the identical sweater, but this time, the sweater became a black label item with a MSRP of $595.

Another example: If you look at

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family,

this is a re-release from Fall 2007.

pdotjdot

Reaction score
pPOLO2-5106621_standard_v330.jpg

i know this is random and very late,

but does anyone know where i can find that sweater above?

its from RL 2008 fall/winter collection

if anyone has one willing to sell, please let me know

thanks

phillyesq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matt0000
Is there a place to find out of season clothes?

Isn't that what outlet malls are for?

I found a bunch of BB ties from the country club line at Woodbury Commons this past weekend. You had to dig through -- they were mixed in with the 346 stuff, but they were there. The ties were from last season, but I plan on wearing them for years to come, so it doesn't make a big difference to me whether they were from this season or last.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
For BB at least, I'd think you'd be better off checking the clearance section of their website.

Every BB outlet I've been to is almost exclusively 346 stuff made just for the outlets.

phillyesq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
For BB at least, I'd think you'd be better off checking the clearance section of their website.

Every BB outlet I've been to is almost exclusively 346 stuff made just for the outlets.

That has been my general experience, that they are exclusively 346 with perhaps a rack or two of real merchandise, but Woodbury Commons seemed to have a lot more real BB (although there was a lot of 346 as well).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads