• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our Legacy

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
+1 for tts. Get the same size as you wear other OL shirts, or BoO -1. Slightly more relaxed than Gitman in the same size imo.

Hmm...now i'm confused. I wish I could try this on in person. I definitely don't want an oversized sweatshirt. If i'm a medium BoO, and small Gitman, you all think a small OL Great Sweat will fit me properly?

Someone on this thread was complaining that the sweats are running big this season.

Chip

Reaction score
Best to get measurements first. For shirts you can stay TTS but sometimes size varies slightly depending on material. Outerwear is TTS and I sized down on the Great Sweat.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a Great Sweat previous season from Tres Bien and that thing runs big! Size M, pit to pit of 23.5". I asked Our Legacy directly and they gave me a pit to pit of 22.5" for size S, which is what I would've gone with had I known. Even if you go with a larger size it doesn't look bad or baggy by any means, it's just more relaxed. The armholes are still small and the sleeves pretty slim. Hope that helps!

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What do you guys think about sizing down on Our Legacy button-downs? I was able to try on a size small at Ron Herman and it felt a bit big. I'm thinking of ordering an XS from their web shop.

I love their fabrics and materials and overall look, but my ideal fit is something more like a BoO medium, or Gitman Vintage small.

Anybody size down in their shirts?

hobojones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
What do you guys think about sizing down on Our Legacy button-downs? I was able to try on a size small at Ron Herman and it felt a bit big. I'm thinking of ordering an XS from their web shop.

I love their fabrics and materials and overall look, but my ideal fit is something more like a BoO medium, or Gitman Vintage small.

Anybody size down in their shirts?

My Our Legacy size runs pretty close to my Gitman size, though I know that there was a difference between the 1940's shirt and the placket shirt. I think it was discussed a few pages back. I'd say it's safest to look at measurements first.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobojones
My Our Legacy size runs pretty close to my Gitman size, though I know that there was a difference between the 1940's shirt and the placket shirt. I think it was discussed a few pages back. I'd say it's safest to look at measurements first.

Thanks. I tried them on again in person.

The 1940's Herringbone Stripes Brown fit pretty true to size. I would go for a small if I were to buy this shirt.

The Placket Button down, in my opinion, fit a bit large. I could wear it true to size, but it feel a bit long and the arms feel long as well (I'm 5'10" 150). The smallest I could try on at Ron Herman was a small.

I'm going to order an XS in the Placket Button down and hope for the best.

In short:

It seems the Placket Button down runs a bit large (If you like a loose fit you can probably go True to size, I'm going to try sizing down)

The 1940's seems a bit slimmer, and more of a true fit - I would not size down on this shirt.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I just received my Great Sweat and sized down 1 from Small to XS.

If anyone is thinking of ordering the Great Sweat, I would definitely recommend sizing down 1. This sweat fits me pretty much perfectly in an XS, but I would still say has a bit of room to breathe. A Small would have been huge.

I'm 5'10" 150 lb for reference.

Just throwing the advice out there.

Aleph

Reaction score
Anywhere in NYC carry the great sweat? Didn't see it at Barney's or Odin.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find the Grey Roundneck Sweater in small or med.?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aleph
Anywhere in NYC carry the great sweat? Didn't see it at Barney's or Odin.

I would definitely recommend ordering directly from the OL site if you can't find it in person.

They are probably the greatest company I have ever dealt with in terms of International shipping. They use Fedex and I have received stuff from them in half the time I receive it from retailers in the US. And, I'm all the way in Los Angeles.

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Bought some of the Our Legacy x Mark Mcnairy boots the other day. Absolutely love them, but got a customs bill from Fed Ex for $150.00 After they arrived.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
Something to think about if you're ordering on their webshop from the states.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads