1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Our Legacy

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JackFrost09, Mar 13, 2010.

1. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

+1 for tts. Get the same size as you wear other OL shirts, or BoO -1. Slightly more relaxed than Gitman in the same size imo.

Hmm...now i'm confused. I wish I could try this on in person. I definitely don't want an oversized sweatshirt. If i'm a medium BoO, and small Gitman, you all think a small OL Great Sweat will fit me properly?

Someone on this thread was complaining that the sweats are running big this season.

2. Chip

Chip Senior Member

Best to get measurements first. For shirts you can stay TTS but sometimes size varies slightly depending on material. Outerwear is TTS and I sized down on the Great Sweat.

3. MIKE_JE

I got confirmation from another member who has tried the Great Sweat on this season and says they are running big and that I should size down. I'm ordering an XS and I will keep you posted on how it fits.

4. Froosh

Froosh Distinguished Member

I bought a Great Sweat previous season from Tres Bien and that thing runs big! Size M, pit to pit of 23.5". I asked Our Legacy directly and they gave me a pit to pit of 22.5" for size S, which is what I would've gone with had I known. Even if you go with a larger size it doesn't look bad or baggy by any means, it's just more relaxed. The armholes are still small and the sleeves pretty slim. Hope that helps!

5. MIKE_JE

What do you guys think about sizing down on Our Legacy button-downs? I was able to try on a size small at Ron Herman and it felt a bit big. I'm thinking of ordering an XS from their web shop.

I love their fabrics and materials and overall look, but my ideal fit is something more like a BoO medium, or Gitman Vintage small.

Anybody size down in their shirts?

6. hobojones

hobojones Senior Member

What do you guys think about sizing down on Our Legacy button-downs? I was able to try on a size small at Ron Herman and it felt a bit big. I'm thinking of ordering an XS from their web shop.

I love their fabrics and materials and overall look, but my ideal fit is something more like a BoO medium, or Gitman Vintage small.

Anybody size down in their shirts?

My Our Legacy size runs pretty close to my Gitman size, though I know that there was a difference between the 1940's shirt and the placket shirt. I think it was discussed a few pages back. I'd say it's safest to look at measurements first.

7. MIKE_JE

My Our Legacy size runs pretty close to my Gitman size, though I know that there was a difference between the 1940's shirt and the placket shirt. I think it was discussed a few pages back. I'd say it's safest to look at measurements first.

Thanks. I tried them on again in person.

The 1940's Herringbone Stripes Brown fit pretty true to size. I would go for a small if I were to buy this shirt.

The Placket Button down, in my opinion, fit a bit large. I could wear it true to size, but it feel a bit long and the arms feel long as well (I'm 5'10" 150). The smallest I could try on at Ron Herman was a small.

I'm going to order an XS in the Placket Button down and hope for the best.

In short:

It seems the Placket Button down runs a bit large (If you like a loose fit you can probably go True to size, I'm going to try sizing down)

The 1940's seems a bit slimmer, and more of a true fit - I would not size down on this shirt.

8. MIKE_JE

I just received my Great Sweat and sized down 1 from Small to XS.

If anyone is thinking of ordering the Great Sweat, I would definitely recommend sizing down 1. This sweat fits me pretty much perfectly in an XS, but I would still say has a bit of room to breathe. A Small would have been huge.

I'm 5'10" 150 lb for reference.

Just throwing the advice out there.

9. sealucky

sealucky Senior Member

Can anyone help with measurements on japanese bombed blazer from FW09 collection? S and M size measurements. p2p at least

10. Aleph

Aleph Member

Anywhere in NYC carry the great sweat? Didn't see it at Barney's or Odin.

11. Nosu3

Nosu3 Distinguished Member

Does anyone know where to find the Grey Roundneck Sweater in small or med.?

12. thomasec

thomasec Senior Member

Does anyone know where to find the Grey Roundneck Sweater in small or med.?
    They just restocked on the OL site: http://www.ourlegacy.se/store/produc...rcoal-eco-wool FYI, it fits short. I'm 5"10 and 150lbs and got the small. It fits slim, but i probably could have gone with a medium and it would have worked out too.

13. MIKE_JE

Anywhere in NYC carry the great sweat? Didn't see it at Barney's or Odin.

I would definitely recommend ordering directly from the OL site if you can't find it in person.

They are probably the greatest company I have ever dealt with in terms of International shipping. They use Fedex and I have received stuff from them in half the time I receive it from retailers in the US. And, I'm all the way in Los Angeles.

14. Nosu3

Nosu3 Distinguished Member

They just restocked on the OL site:

http://www.ourlegacy.se/store/produc...rcoal-eco-wool

FYI, it fits short. I'm 5"10 and 150lbs and got the small. It fits slim, but i probably could have gone with a medium and it would have worked out too.

thanks but the one I'm looking for is not the eco one and a medium grey.

15. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior Member

Bought some of the Our Legacy x Mark Mcnairy boots the other day. Absolutely love them, but got a customs bill from Fed Ex for $150.00 After they arrived. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Something to think about if you're ordering on their webshop from the states.