Our Legacy

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JackFrost09, Mar 13, 2010.

1. VJAYEYE

VJAYEYE Senior member

40's shirt cool. 50's and generation fit are good. Their shit is all over the place. I still have to sell a few pieces I own

2. 1969

1969 Senior member

3. VJAYEYE

VJAYEYE Senior member

Yup

4. jackstrider

jackstrider New Member

Hello,
    Im desperately looking for Our Legacy's ton up leather jacket in milled leather. Size M or L.
    If anyone has any leads please email me [email protected]

Thank you

5. NYLON

NYLON Senior member

I have several of their silk shirts. A dark olive one, a Navy. A short sleeve and another long. Also I have the off-white versions in both lengths.

And it's funny because i tend to veer towards the off-white. They look horrid after the wash (like a yellowed table cloth) but after you leave them out to dry it looks crispy.

Whereas the dark colors...they tend to loose the color after the 3rd-5th washes. Looks weathered and vintage at the same time. Some parts of the fabric will loose the dye sooner than other bits so you will see some discoloration inevitably.

6. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

I have one of the black silk shirts , from the first season they did silk, and its gray and very vintage looking at the this time. Just got the wine one from the current season, beautiful before the first wash and already faded after one... But I do 40 degrees Celsius washes though, cant be bothered with 30.

7. NYLON

NYLON Senior member

I hand washed them in the tub, 1 dip, max 2 dip in a mixture of cold water and very little detergent.

Then hang them out to dry.

8. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^ Sounds horrible.

However, I always hang dry as well, and only wash on 10 degrees more than the tag states. Had a chat with one of the sales people at one of the OL stores in stockholm about the silk shirts, she made this point about the dyeing method of the silk making them prone to fading, and that was part of the design /"charm" of them.

9. NYLON

NYLON Senior member

Maybe, but the dye does not last so each time it goes through a wash cycle the water starts to color. It's the same for all my OL silks.

But yeah..agree with what they say about them being "lived in".

On a similar note, this thread appears dead.
    I thought the FW17 drop is amazing. Anyone thought the same?

10. TheCowboy

TheCowboy Well-Known Member

If anyone has the Octopus Print Jacket in 50/52 and is willing to part with it please let me know. Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Has anybody tried any of "liquid" shirting from this season? Performance shirt in particular?
    I really like the rayon shirts from the last few seasons and I love the cut of the initial shirt, so I'm basically looking for more of those but the liquid stuff seems more like the "fine silk". I have no idea how the cut of the performance shirts compares to initials though.