• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our Legacy

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Our Legacy Bomber Jacket II (Black Shimmer)

Our Legacy Bomber Jacket II (Faded Olive Twill)

The olive jacket is noticeably thicker, warmer and more padded than the black. 6'2" and 165 and I sized to a 50 (large) on both and they fit great.

Damn I couldn't image it being any warmer. I got the black and wore a Henley underneath it in 17 degrees and was warm. I'm 5'8" 187lbs went with a large.

Last edited:

Transcendental

Reaction score

Black wool Classic coat came today. Super happy with it, thank you to whoever returned the 52 to End so I could cop!
I passed on it at $290 from TBS and got it for $209, now that I have it I would've been happy with it at retail.

Hey man, could you be bothered to post a fit pic? Or I suppose, describe how the shoulder fits? I hate buying overcoats over the internet as my shoulders slope and off the rack stuff often ends up with shoulder divots.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hey man, could you be bothered to post a fit pic? Or I suppose, describe how the shoulder fits? I hate buying overcoats over the internet as my shoulders slope and off the rack stuff often ends up with shoulder divots.

I'll get a fit pic next time I wear it (if I remember). It is pretty slim in the shoulder, I cant really wear a knit under it (unless it's a fairly thin one), they do have some structure though so I don't imagine it getting divots unless you have extremely sloped shoulders (fwiw I have sloped shoulders too). The shoulders are pretty tailored (if that makes sense) which goes with the coat. My only issue is the sleeves are a bit short (hits above my wrist) and they are not working cuffs (not a big deal) and the pockets are just for show (I thought they were just sewn shut like a suit jacket but once it arrived I realized there's not even an interior pocket, so if you cut it open it would just be a hole into the lining. So that's pretty horrible and I don't understand why they couldn't put an actual pocket on it).
For $209 it's pretty great but if paid close to retail it would've gone back pretty quickly based on the pockets and sleeve length.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm selling that bomber in my sig. I'd possibly trade it for the lighter one from that season, the flower print one.

Last edited:

Transcendental

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. That's pretty stupid regarding the pockets. Seems odd especially from OL that they would just sew on flaps for show, haha.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^extremly weird with the pockets. You sure the pocket bags are not behind the lining? I have three OL coats from various seasons that are practical and good quality.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe I should take another look at it. The chest pocket was the same (sewn closed).
I suppose they could be really sleek pockets, just the way they were stitched and not being able to feel any outline or bulk on the inside made me think they weren't actually pockets but the more I think about it the more it seems ridiculous that they wouldn't actually have pockets. I'll check again when I get home, I've only worn it twice.

Does nobody else own those seasons classic coat?

PCLMS

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have the double breasted version of the coat from this season. It has functioning pockets. If you check the website it says it has two exterior and two interior pockets so it should be fine removing the stitching.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads