1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Our Legacy

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JackFrost09, Mar 13, 2010.

1. NYLON

NYLON Senior member

The pullover does look less navy than it seems. Too bad the artisan is in linen & not linen blend. Linen tend to crumple/wrinkle easily as evident in the 2nd pic.

2. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^yea one of the points of the fabric..

3. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Senior member

The first pic is probably best representative of the color of the pullover, and it is definitely fairly dark navy in color. The Artisan Lab Jacket that I own is from a couple of seasons ago - and you're right: it is constructed of more of a straight linen, I believe. The upshot to that particular fabric is that it is very breathable, as linen tends to be. I do still have some decent stacking on the arms.[​IMG]

4. NYLON

NYLON Senior member

[​IMG]

Surprised myself by getting this.

Anyone here got their shoe sizing figured out for the non-runners? Seems they don't do half sizes either. I use a US9.5 in Stan Smith (non-padded tongue) for comparison.

Appreciate input on this.

5. Arnold Grape

[​IMG]

Hey guys - on a bit of an OL tear lately. Ended up picking up the Hidden Zip in Navy Silk at sale, which I think a couple of people were asking about. The measurements varied from site to site, but Colin at the Our Legacy webstore confirmed that people were sizing up from their typical OL size on this particular garment because it runs slim. (Based on the measurements, it did not appear that slim-fitting to me.) I did end up sizing up, which was the right thing to do. For this particular item, there is about a two cm difference width from pit-to-pit and at the shoulders. There is also, apparently, about a 1 cm difference in length between sizes. Depending on which website you look at, there are also different measurements provided for this same item, which is not helpful. (It also seems to vary from the measurements of the current season Hidden Zips made of different materials.) I was also worried the arms might end up being too puffy or wide in chosing the next size up, but they are perfectly proportional to the rest of the jacket. I will try and provide a fit pic soon, if anybody wants one.

As for the material, it is not as 'Silky' as its name would imply, but it is soft and there does appear to be a minor amount of stretch. As stated elsewhere, the material might approximate the feel of a towel and will be ideal for spring/ early summer temps. My only gripe off the bat is that I wish the zip went a touch further up toward the neck than it does, but I don't think this will be a major issue.

2 people like this.
  6. boso

boso Well-Known Member

7. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

online sale is on. kind of bummed the suede shirts aren't included.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  8. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^ they never are (typically)

9. NXNW

NXNW Senior member

Anyone know if the silk shirts ever go on sale? I want to mess with them just don't want to roll the dice full retail.

10. NYLON

NYLON Senior member

Don't think the Everyman series ever got a mark down.

There is one silk offering in shirting though - the 6th shirt reversed fire flowers. (only M and XL left so if you want to experiment better trigger quick)

:edit: and of course the yellow silk...but that one IMO is really hard to match.

11. NXNW

NXNW Senior member

Thanks, maybe someone will chime in who's tried the raw silk on. I was eyeing that fire flowers but needed a 50, ended up getting the bleached indigo and am very happy.

What, you can't pull off the Curious George fit?

12. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

yeah, i figured as much. i'd still really like to grab one but just can't justify it at retail and they don't pop up second hand in my size often (ever).

13. Arnold Grape

If you email Colin at the Our Legacy store, he has given me helpful information regarding OL sizing in the past: colin@ourlegacy.se

14. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

for the shirts, i´d say that everything is "true to size". have an xl in all the styles (except generation shirt which is too slim)

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Can anyone comment on how the hidden zip jean jacket fits?I'm usually a 48 if it's oversized or a 50 if it's super slim.

16. Arnold Grape

All of the Hidden Zip Jackets from this season seem to have different measurements. I had found that I needed to size up one whole size in the HZ Jacket in Navy Silk. (Which I reviewed on this same thread like last week or something.) Meanwhile Colin at the OL store was super responsive in helping me determine which size I needed. His email address is also above.

17. NYLON

NYLON Senior member

The hidden zip Jacket is different but only due to the material used.

For the silk, it is thicker and heavier than the other offerings in twill.

In this sense, the silk version gives the impression of being "slim fit". Stick to the regular sizing if going for the twill versions.

18. VJAYEYE

VJAYEYE Senior member

You have any fit pics? Thanks

19. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

20. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I like those baggy lounge pants with the zip hem and panel seams. I wonder if they're a wool or fleece? They look kind of thick either way.
    Also that sweatshirt with the hidden hem (? it looks too straight to be a raw hem) is kind of cool, looks almost like a neoprene.