• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our Legacy

VJAYEYE

Reaction score
^^^agreed. At least to my viewing. Tried on a few pieces way back when but I plan on copping a few pieces seasons to come. Tried on the blazer and hell yeah it's trim. If you got guns it may not be the fit for you.

wizzeak

Reaction score

I'm wearing a pair right now!

I usually avoid straight fitting jeans because the cut is pretty boring. However, these are cut really nicely--not too straight and not too slim.

I like to wear them by cuffing them with one little roll. That way, they have a nice taper at the end.

They are true to size: a 32 actually measures a 32.

I'm 6'2" and the 32 x 32 cuts off perfectly (I'm also a 29" in APC Petite Standards and usually a 31" in Acne jeans--if that helps you get a sense of the sizing). 

I got a chance to try this season's Broken Twill Prest and the fabric is so soft, almost like flannel.

Suede shirt is my favourite item from OL.
Did you sized up?
About first cut jeans I can confim to size up too, I'm a 31 (Acne, Levi's) and get a 32.....

Anyone else with first cut jeans sizing tips?

I wear 32 in Acne max cash but it sits low on my waist and I know I have two people now saying size up, however I'm still just a tad hesitant as I've never bought size 33 ever and in some pants I still wear 31. also my PS size is 31 for the waist, unworn (cut is too tight)

Last edited:

MightyDuck

Reaction score
Anyone else with first cut jeans sizing tips?
Wearing a pair of first cut raw blacks from last season I think,
I wear a 30 x 32 in NN07 chinos and they fit quite slim but room enough in the rise,
A 29 in APC is tight on me and 30 is on the slim side (in PS that is) and they are tight in the rise
The only other comparison I can make in terms of size is to my pair of Strike golds in 17oz, i wear a 30 in SG and it fits quite tight in the thighs but looser on the knee and below and they are a bit tight in the rise.
So my first cuts are 32 x 32, they fit pretty loose on me but thats how i like them, they give a lot of room in the top, rise is pretty big,
They fit on me as they look in the oi polloi pictures for the sta press,
I would say go true to size for a straight fit and maybe go down 1 inch for slim,
Problem is most places seem to only stock even sizes so hard to grab the right ones if you are odd,
Hope this helps

dan138zig

Reaction score
anyone has the overdyed floral bomber and if so, what do you think? from the pics it looks mega awesome.

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone has the overdyed floral bomber and if so, what do you think? from the pics it looks mega awesome.

Bought it yesterday, it's amazing. A bit short in the body but hey, it's a bomber. The fabric is so cool, and it's surprisingly light.

dan138zig

Reaction score

Bought it yesterday, it's amazing. A bit short in the body but hey, it's a bomber. The fabric is so cool, and it's surprisingly light.

thanks, great to hear that considering the tropical climate here. one thing that's a mystery to me is I can't barely see the floral pattern in every pics on the net. maybe it's just very subtle huh?

Last edited:

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's subtle, but not invisible. Close enough you can easily see that there is a pattern there, it's less obvious that it's floral though.

edmi

Reaction score
Wearing a pair of first cut raw blacks from last season I think,
I wear a 30 x 32 in NN07 chinos and they fit quite slim but room enough in the rise,
A 29 in APC is tight on me and 30 is on the slim side (in PS that is) and they are tight in the rise
The only other comparison I can make in terms of size is to my pair of Strike golds in 17oz, i wear a 30 in SG and it fits quite tight in the thighs but looser on the knee and below and they are a bit tight in the rise.
So my first cuts are 32 x 32, they fit pretty loose on me but thats how i like them, they give a lot of room in the top, rise is pretty big,
They fit on me as they look in the oi polloi pictures for the sta press,
I would say go true to size for a straight fit and maybe go down 1 inch for slim,
Problem is most places seem to only stock even sizes so hard to grab the right ones if you are odd,
Hope this helps
In my experience I'd wear 29 if I could find it. ( Returned 30 as too big for my taste, but would work if I wanted a looser fit with time ). For comparison I wear 28/29 in APC/Fullcount, 30 in 3Sixteen / Acne, and 29 Tellason / RRL. OL first cut - a really good versatile cut - slim with taper but not tight, a little more space in the rise hips and thighs than many slim fits, fabric has good colour and hand. Denim feels good, time will tell how it breaks in and wears. Non-selvedge but easily as good quality fabric as any selvedge at this price point. Chain stitched. I'm pretty sure that OL could have used Selvedge fabric, but they plough their own path and I suspect that the lack of selvedge is a stiff finger pointed at the accepted norm. In short, at that price point, a great pair of regular slim jeans that fit better than most alternatives at that price.

Francks

Reaction score
Regarding the different fits with shirting:

From what I own I would say that 1950's fit a little bit boxier than 1940's. But what about First Shirt, Six Shirt, Classic Shirt?

Maybe Six shirt > 1950 > 1940 > Classic > First Shirt

Last edited:

MetaBaron

Reaction score
I started following OL over a year ago, so I have a question for you long time followers:

Do you know if the boots in the pictures were from the Impressions collection (AW11), or just some vintages, that were used on the set?

m4gdelen4

Reaction score
Hey guys I wear a 48 in the Our Legacy Classic Shirt. The shoulders and chest fit perfectly, but the sleeves are really long and need shortening.

Do you know what I should get for the Six Shirt, 46/48? People seem to advocate sizing down for OL, but on the Classic shirt it made it too tight in the shoulders and chest.

Liam123

Reaction score
Hey guys I wear a 48 in the Our Legacy Classic Shirt. The shoulders and chest fit perfectly, but the sleeves are really long and need shortening.

Do you know what I should get for the Six Shirt, 46/48? People seem to advocate sizing down for OL, but on the Classic shirt it made it too tight in the shoulders and chest.

I wear 48 in both classic and six shirt. I think the fit is quit similar, maybe the six shirt is a bit longer in the back

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads