1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Our Legacy

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JackFrost09, Mar 13, 2010.

1. quesford

quesford Member

does anyone know how their s/s13 footwear is sized?

2. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Has anybody picked up/tried on the soft wool classic coat from this season?
    Every store has different measurements, I'm usually an XL/52 in tops, but some places (like Unionmade) make it seem like this coat is bigger than usual? Is there anybody that can verify that?

3. MightyDuck

MightyDuck Active Member

Likewise here with a fit question, has anyone tried on the 3b soft black canvas suit this aw collection?
    And if so could you compare it with last season's navy crepe suit because i have that one and know how it fits,
    cheers

4. ShakeEmUp

ShakeEmUp Well-Known Member

Newbie to Our Legacy here. What's the sizing like on their button downs? I wear a medium in Uniqlo oxfords

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  5. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

I wear XS for Uniqlo shirts and 44/XS for Our Legacy as well

6. MightyDuck

MightyDuck Active Member

The 1950s and 1940s shirts have different fits, 1940s has slimmer sleeves and a more even hem, there are a few other differences...
    The main problem is that the shirt sizes vary between seasons, like I bought a 1940s denim shirt from 2012/2011 and it was 3 inches longer than my other 1940s,
    I would suggest measuring your current shirts and comparing to measurements online using multiple sights.
    I can measure some of mine if you would like also

7. akannan

akannan Member

Anyone remember this jacket when it was on Mr. Porter? Did it actually retail for $1,380? How much did it go on sale for eventually? $1,380 seems awfully steep for a wool bomber. Trying to decide if I should buy it. Any other thoughts on the piece?

[​IMG]

8. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

I'm positive there must be something wrong. 380$ would make sense, but not 1380$.
    Talking about Our Legacy, someome listed the floral shirt in xs, someone has to buy it, it's really dope

9. akannan

akannan Member

I think there's something off, too. The seller claims the jacket was a gift from an aunt. The aunt bought it for retail at this price. I could have sworn it eventually went on sale for much less, perhaps even $138. I was wondering if this is a photoshop job with an added 0 or if it really started at this price and then dropped steeply when it didn't sell.

10. whyme?

whyme? Senior member

11. whyme?

whyme? Senior member

anyone with six shirts in small they don't want, drop me a line!

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

13. akannan

akannan Member

$485 sounds right. Aside from moral objections, I have to say that it's a brilliant marketing tactic of this ebay seller to use an insanely high buy it now price based on an altered picture to get people to bid much higher than they otherwise would on the open auction.

14. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

I hope somebody buys that bomber, shits on it, and returns it with a Significantly Not As Described claim.

Inflating MSRP by a bit to boost selling price is par for the course. Tripling it is ridiculous.

15. akannan

akannan Member

Is there any way to report use of a faked image to misrepresent the retail value of an item? I even emailed the seller to make him clarify and he flat out lied to me by making up the story of the aunt. Sad thing is I have bought from him before so I was more inclined to trust his story before I posted here. I bid a little more than I would have had because I half believed him.

16. justusss

justusss Senior member

Anyone else pick this up? Against better judgement I just grabbed it. I've waited way too long for a well-made slim olive ma-1 for under 400 bucks. Maybe could've waited or a sale, though.

[​IMG]

17. irbe

irbe Senior member

looks good. pls provide opinion when u get it

18. MightyDuck

MightyDuck Active Member

Splash collection out today, this stuff looks really nice
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. justusss

justusss Senior member

[​IMG]

Strongly recommended. It's really well made and substantial, feels like it can take a beating. Very warm too. I'm 5'11 and 150 lbs and the small fits nicely - sleeves SLIGHTLY short and the body is cropped, but that's more just the style. Overall slim feel to it, but still has the bulkiness of a traditional surplus MA-1. Worth the price at retail and definitely if you can find it on sale

2 people like this.
  20. VJAYEYE

VJAYEYE Senior member

^^^ looks stellar. Been eyeing it indeed. Is the shell waterproof? I'm the same height but 170lbs so not sure on medium or large.