OTR suits and coats with very little shoulder padding. Who makes them, and what models?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dreamspace, Feb 13, 2013.

1. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

I have sloping, hunched shoulders, and prominent deltoid muscles- Finding a coat or suit is a nightmare, as most OTR makers in the 400-1000$ range seem to have some padding to them...I end up with folding in the back, dimpling on the sides, and in general a very tight feeling jacket around the shoulder area.

So far, I've had great luck with
    -Oxxford (1220)
    -Various Ralph Lauren Polo and Purple Label suits/coats.
    Also tried some more expensive Corneliani coats in a store, and they all had pretty soft shoulders.

Any other makers and models in said price range, that offers soft natural shoulders?

Thanks.

2. DHV

DHV Member

Suit Supply Havana or Roma cut.

3. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

That sounds more like a fit issue than a matter of how much padding and wadding is in a jacket's shoulder.

That said, any of the softer, Neapolitan-style RTW makers should have a softer shoulder. Borrelli, etc.

I believe Isaia and Kiton also have little padding. My Caruso has very little shoulder padding as well, but be careful as Caruso makes a million different models.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013

4. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

Thanks

I've been looking into Suitsupply. Love their styling, but a bit limited on the solid colors. The havana looked nice, but noticed that it had patch pockets, and a bit higher button-stance.

Do all their Italian name models generally have soft shoulders?

5. JTA

JTA Senior member

Southwick (and for Andover Shop). One of the softest shoulders I've ever encountered on RTW.
    J Press make an Ivy League style with natural shoulder as well.