• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTR Suit Design / Style Question

ohdannyboy

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I was wondering if you all could suggest a brand of OTR suits (if it exits) that has qualities like the following. Also, if my assumptions behind why i want these qualities are wrong, please tell me i'm a moron :)

- Relatively unpadded shoulders (i have fairly well structured shoulders)
- Tapered jacket (i'm not exactly skinny anymore, but at 5'9 and a size 33 waist, sack suits kill me)
- Medium gorge (i'm a medium height, i guess)
- High armholes (tend to wear a suit when out and about, and like to be able to reach without pulling the back)

also, is there something i'm missing as I look into my next suit purchase?

ohdannyboy

Reaction score
oh, and double vents, and i like the pants to sit a bit low on the waist

Chris_AK

Reaction score
I'm about the same build, looking for the same thing. If you find anything promising, please let us know!

ohdannyboy

Reaction score
Tony, appreciate the suggestion, and i'll definitely take a close look at it. However, if memory serves, that's a $2k+ suit. Do you happen to know of anything in the $1,000 to $1,500 range?

suitupshop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ohdannyboy
Tony, appreciate the suggestion, and i'll definitely take a close look at it. However, if memory serves, that's a $2k+ suit. Do you happen to know of anything in the $1,000 to $1,500 range?

I am a new start-up made to measure service based out of tempe, az..

I have a suit I call the Modern Londoner...

It has hand set higher and trimmer armholes... a higher waist supression, Natural shoulders and a bit of a tappered sleeve for more movement.. You can customize it completely to your specs... This is a full canvas suit made with a great Imported Italian canvas front (most companys use a lower grade canvas) and with a designer fabric from Barberis, Zegna etc.... it makes a great suit... and my prices start at $695 and am willing to work with you.. All of my suits are bench made here in the U.S....

cturner

Reaction score
BB Fitzgerald should satisfy all your requirements except for (unfortunately) that they are single vented.

ohdannyboy

Reaction score
sorry suitupshop, i'm looking for otr, and my guess is with all the sponsors this place won't be thrilled with your advertising. i'll have to try on a bb fitz, so thank you cturner! any other suggestions?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry suitupshop, i'm looking for otr, and my guess is with all the sponsors this place won't be thrilled with your advertising. i'll have to try on a bb fitz, so thank you cturner! any other suggestions?

I would suggest Sameulsohn Talbot model.
I would also suggest certain current Belvest models but
they run higher than you want to spend, unless you can get them
online.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
isn't that sort of the whole Neoplotan look?

Mr. Sartorial

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers Milano fit (slimmer than the Fitz, sometimes has double vents)
Z Zegna Drop 8 fit
Paul Smith
Etro Brave fit

There's lots of labels that have what you're looking for. That's just a few off the top of my head.

suitupshop

Reaction score

Thank you.. I did not know I could not advertise my site.. I will look into starting an affiliate thread.. Happy shopping

ohdannyboy

Reaction score
everybody, thanks for all your help! if there are any other suggestions, please post them. also, best of luck with your business suitupshop

TonyThe Tailor

Reaction score
For OTR Samuelsohn has a great new model (can't remember the name)... Other than that, quality wiae, I think you would have to go MTM or MTO

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads