• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTR shirtmakers with small necks but long sleeves?

Jazzop

Reaction score
I wear a 15.5 neck with a 37 sleeve. This is obviously a problem when trying to buy dress shirts off the rack. I have found that Ralph Lauren and Hugo Boss both make 16x36/37 shirts (despite insistence to the contrary by many store employees), so my wardrobe is pretty much entirely those two, plus a couple of MTM shirts from Brooks Bros. I can also wear Thomas Pink in French cuffs, but I don't particularly like French cuffs.

Can anyone suggest other brands that offer shirts with a small neck/long sleeve? I won't buy shirts online unless I know they will fit, and I'd like to have a few more brands to add to my search.

Tim_Whatley

Reaction score
where did you get the RL and Boss shirts that you have? i happen to be the same weird size as you.

Mac

Reaction score
Eton shirts. You might not be able to try them on, but they have three different sizings: slim, contemporary and classic.

I really like mine. It fits extremely well but the cuffs are a little tight and my watch doesn't fit inside them. However, I do have large wrists. YMMV.

Kong

Reaction score
Try Faconnable or Nordstrom's store brand.

Jazzop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by knowsnothin
Go on ebay and search for 15.5 necks with 37 inch sleeves, or whatever combination you want. http://clothing.shop.ebay.com/Dress-...6.c0.m14.l1514

Believe me, I try that. But unless the listing has a picture of the actual tag showing the size, I won't bite. I've been burned too many times by inaccurate listings. And because I have to filter through hundreds of false listings to find one that might be accurate, I get discouraged and don't feel like wasting my time on this. Furthermore, I'm not going to buy any brand that I don't already know will fit.

I just wanted some suggestions for brands that I can, after verifying in-store that they fit properly, add to my internet shopping list. I hate shopping and prefer to do it all online if possible.

Jazzop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tim_Whatley
where did you get the RL and Boss shirts that you have? i happen to be the same weird size as you.

The RL shirt is called Regent (spread collar, button cuff, tailored fit). I come across two or three per year in my diligent searches. I don't know the style name for the Boss shirt, as I found it on a clearance rack in a Boss store and haven't found another one since.

Originally Posted by Mac
Eton shirts. You might not be able to try them on, but they have three different sizings: slim, contemporary and classic.

I really like mine. It fits extremely well but the cuffs are a little tight and my watch doesn't fit inside them. However, I do have large wrists. YMMV.

That sounds pretty good. Another gripe I have is cuffs that aren't tight enough. I have small wrists and don't wear a watch.
fing02[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads