• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Otoplasty?

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have slightly protruding ears that are obvious whenever my hair is short. Thus, I've been considering otoplasty as of late-- long hair is not for me. I was wondering if anyone here's done it and if so what did you think about the surgery and the end results. Also what motivated you in the first place? Was it worth it?

Finally, any suggested surgeons in Northern California? Right now I'm looking at getting this done with Dr. Sam Most of the Stanford Area. Yet, the reason I choose this chap was mainly, because of his academic qualifications. Surley there's got to be some better way of finding a surgeon right?

Cheers

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a relatively simple procedure that any board-certified cosmetic surgeon should be able to do well, if it is a typical case. It might even be possible to do outpatient, while awake. Pain afterwards should be brief and not severe. The biggest hassle probably would be having to wear a kind of headband for a while (even in public). Let's presume that most male patients over the age of 10 or so have it done because of past teasing. "Statistics show that otoplasty is a highly satisfying procedure for the majority of patients, with a satisfaction rate that's actually above 95 percent"

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
I have slightly protruding ears that are obvious whenever my hair is short. Thus, I've been considering otoplasty as of late-- long hair is not for me. I was wondering if anyone here's done it and if so what did you think about the surgery and the end results. Also what motivated you in the first place? Was it worth it?

Finally, any suggested surgeons in Northern California? Right now I'm looking at getting this done with Dr. Sam Most of the Stanford Area. Yet, the reason I choose this chap was mainly, because of his academic qualifications. Surley there's got to be some better way of finding a surgeon right?

Cheers

I am assuming you are talking about the top of the auricle. The procedure should be an easy procedure. Any plastic surgeon can do this. If you are having a hard choosing one, look at the person's before and after photos of previous ops. Also you can always choose one who specializes in the facial region.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's a simple procedure, just get it done by any plastic surgeon who's doing tons of them. There are no guarantees and there are risks of complications, albeit minor if you pay attention.

inter71

Reaction score
I ended up with two procedures on my nose. The first procedure did not bring the expected result, but the nose was much better than before the surgery. The second procedure was done on Dec 31, 2010, and I am pleased with my nose now. Good luck!!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads