• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Other sites that show you looks and let you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

okenyon

Reaction score
Hey guys, new here, looks a great forum.

I often use http://menwith.co to find looks I like and then buy the looks through the links on the site.

The issue is the site is outdated and no new stuff comes on.

Is there any other sites like this online please?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stupid way to buy anything - that site is so gross as to be worthless.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@GBR , sorta uncalled for - if there isn't anything productive to say, it's often better to say nothing at all.

Re. sites like that in general, that "outfit + clothing grid" style is pretty common on the Complex sites, particularly for that style, and on myriad blogs, though none cross my mind at the time. Incidentally, we will soon be introducing a new forum for advice, "menswear" advice, where these types of advice threads will be properly placed.

Cheers,

Fok.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@GBR
, sorta uncalled for - if there isn't anything productive to say, it's often better to say nothing at all. 

Re. sites like that in general, that "outfit + clothing grid" style is pretty common on the Complex sites, particularly for that style, and on myriad blogs, though none cross my mind at the time.  Incidentally, we will soon be introducing a new forum for advice, "menswear" advice, where these types of advice threads will be properly placed.

Cheers,

Fok.

That would be good, leave this one for sensible discussion.

starro

Reaction score
Stupid way to buy anything - that site is so gross as to be worthless.

+1

Also sites like those run counter to the philosophy of this forum, which is to cultivate one's own sense of good dress for the appropriate occasion, without someone explicitly telling you what to put on.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also sites like those run counter to the philosophy of this forum, which is to cultivate one's own sense of good dress for the appropriate occasion, without someone explicitly telling you what to put on.
Actually, the philosophy of this site is to cultivate and share our common interest in menswear. It has been from the inception of this forum is 2002. From the beginning of this forum, there have been members with disparate tastes, perhaps even more varied than they are today, throughout the entire forum. Though we certainly did not, and continue to not, agree on certain matters, everyone was respectful of each other.

Also, we've had "lists of basics" and "this is what you need for a good wardrobe" threads forever. While personal style is a great ultimate goal, inspiration and instruction are certainly not counter to the philosophy of this forum.

Re comments to new members. I feel that maybe we need to bring some of that old civility back. This forum was actually created in reaction to the trolling and incivility in the GQ forums. It was never a bastion of decorum, but it was always full of members who respected one another.

I'll reiterate what we've said for years. This forum is like a friendly bar. If you wouldn't say something to some (huge) guy's face, you probably should say it, period. Let's leave the blanket insults to the comments sections of a news site (e.g. u r an idiot lol stfu).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads