Other sites that show you looks and let you buy?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by okenyon, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okenyon

okenyon New Member

Hey guys, new here, looks a great forum.

I often use http://menwith.co to find looks I like and then buy the looks through the links on the site.

The issue is the site is outdated and no new stuff comes on.

Is there any other sites like this online please?

2. GBR

GBR Senior member

Stupid way to buy anything - that site is so gross as to be worthless.

3. okenyon

okenyon New Member

Wow, thanks for the help!

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

@GBR , sorta uncalled for - if there isn't anything productive to say, it's often better to say nothing at all.

Re. sites like that in general, that "outfit + clothing grid" style is pretty common on the Complex sites, particularly for that style, and on myriad blogs, though none cross my mind at the time. Incidentally, we will soon be introducing a new forum for advice, "menswear" advice, where these types of advice threads will be properly placed.

Cheers,

Fok.

5. GBR

GBR Senior member

That would be good, leave this one for sensible discussion.

6. starro

starro Senior member

+1

Also sites like those run counter to the philosophy of this forum, which is to cultivate one's own sense of good dress for the appropriate occasion, without someone explicitly telling you what to put on.

7. LA Guy

Actually, the philosophy of this site is to cultivate and share our common interest in menswear. It has been from the inception of this forum is 2002. From the beginning of this forum, there have been members with disparate tastes, perhaps even more varied than they are today, throughout the entire forum. Though we certainly did not, and continue to not, agree on certain matters, everyone was respectful of each other.

Also, we've had "lists of basics" and "this is what you need for a good wardrobe" threads forever. While personal style is a great ultimate goal, inspiration and instruction are certainly not counter to the philosophy of this forum.

Re comments to new members. I feel that maybe we need to bring some of that old civility back. This forum was actually created in reaction to the trolling and incivility in the GQ forums. It was never a bastion of decorum, but it was always full of members who respected one another.

I'll reiterate what we've said for years. This forum is like a friendly bar. If you wouldn't say something to some (huge) guy's face, you probably should say it, period. Let's leave the blanket insults to the comments sections of a news site (e.g. u r an idiot lol stfu).

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  8. LA Guy

Let's just be respectful of other members. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.