• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Other Premium Sneaker Brands?

Swag22

Reaction score
Okay well I'm looking for a new pair of shoes. I really like shoes by brands like Clae or Creative Recreation. I like the whole clean, simple, sophisticated, yet stylish look they come with.

Do you guys know of any other brands that provide that same type of vibe? Thanks
biggrin.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Common Projects and Generic Man are much more cleaner, simpler and sophisticated-er.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me why everyone is so big on premium sneakers, when most of them lok like variations of Adidas Originals. . .

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just get some Adidas Stan Smith or Gazelle, or Vans Authentics for a fraction of the price.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
I cannot for the life of me why everyone is so big on premium sneakers, when most of them lok like variations of Adidas Originals. . .

but...don't the little numbers printed on the side show how sophisticated I am?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Get whatever shoes suit your look and budget but you can't tell me these two even remotely look comparable:
pADIDAS1-2553309_pattern_w345a.jpg
COMM-MZ52_V1.jpg
If this is the look you're going for:
COMM-MZ48_V1.jpg
Then at least go for these:
SCOU-MZ3_V1.jpg
Materials aside, I don't understand why it's so impossible for companies to put out a cheaper version of CP. They're just super simple shoes. Why does everyone feel the need to **** up something so basic?

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Get whatever shoes suit your look and budget but you can't tell me these two even remotely look comparable:
pADIDAS1-2553309_pattern_w345a.jpg
COMM-MZ52_V1.jpg
If this is the look you're going for:
COMM-MZ48_V1.jpg
Then at least go for these:
SCOU-MZ3_V1.jpg
Materials aside, I don't understand why it's so impossible for companies to put out a cheaper version of CP. They're just super simple shoes. Why does everyone feel the need to **** up something so basic?

H&M has vaguely Common-Project-like shoes out this season.

taikuodo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
H&M has vaguely Common-Project-like shoes out this season.

its called vans authentic black on black. plus employee purchase price = $20.

jkennett

Reaction score
Obviously Gazelles don't look like CP... I've never liked the shape of that damned shoe. The Stan Smith and Rod Lavers Vintage on the other hand...

oki-nirodlavervintage.jpg

rodlavervintage.jpg

adidas-tennis-stan-smithtournamente.jpg

Whodini- And, shouldn't you be repping shoes named after a guy from Pasadena, CA who went to USC?
biggrin.gif

http://hypebeast.com/2008/03/adidas-...ament-edition/

Casey

Reaction score
I also think it's ridiculous how ridiculous it is for shoe designers to create something simple. I would love to own a pair of Lanvin or Common Projects shoes but plunking down $300-$800 is not yet something I can fit into my budget. However, if I ever came across a pair of Achilles for $100, I would jump on it. (Obviously, I missed the whole thing at the Theory at Woodbury Commons)

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why does everyone feel the need to **** up something so basic?

This is true about everything... I hate it.

jkennett

Reaction score
Probably, if I didn't think they looked kinda ugly.

hahah. That's a fair reason. I actually like them but to each there own.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads