• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Other jeans I should look at in the Acne price range

gabby11303

Reaction score
Been looking at the Acne Mic or Max in raw or rigid. Think they're worth the money? If I'm looking in that price range, what others should I be checking out? Looking for a fit like this:

img_0313-2.jpg

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
any of the jeans I carry for men at "farinelli"
Jeanshop, RRL, APC, Acne, Nudie, KMW, PRPS, SPURR, Rag and bone, 5EP .. the list goes on and on.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
excuse the slight derailment:

Mauro please let me know when 5EP comes out with a raw (post wash measurements)/OW:

low waist rise (9inch or lower),
slim thigh (11 inch upper thigh +- .25 inch),
straight leg (8 inch knee/8 inch hem +- .25 inch)
inseam 34 inch or longer

or is 5EP always going to stick with more classic styles?
or is the next collab hopefully somewhere in that ballpark of measurements above? (i know they are not sf type measurements)

thanks.

or if Spurr has something like this please let me know

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I doubt they will ever come out with a jean < 9" rise.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
we will make a jean more toward your like-ing.
It will be similar to the SFX5EP jean but the rise will be an inch lower in front.
The legs will be tweeked as well .

Nuff said

Reaction score
I have both and the Mic is probably my favorite pair of jeans at the moment. I would highly recommend the Mic - it is a great low rise, straight leg jean. It is very versatile and easy to dress up or down.

The Max is a bit too skinny for my liking but it has cooler stiching than the Mic.

Acne denim is more of a summer weight which is great living in Australia. If you live in a cooler climate it might be worth looking into something with heavier denim however.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really liking Helmut Lang at the moment for a similar fit.

djs488

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
excuse the slight derailment:
low waist rise (9inch or lower),
slim thigh (11 inch upper thigh +- .25 inch),
straight leg (8 inch knee/8 inch hem +- .25 inch)
inseam 34 inch or longer

Not exactly, but the Spurr Pipe Rigid that mauro carries has very similar measurments:
size 31: waist 16, front 9.5, back 13.5, thigh 10.5, knee 8.25, hem 8, inseam 34.25

It's going to be near impossible to find a jean like that with a <9" rise -- seriously, I'd start looking at women's jeans if you're set on that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads