Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Other Forums you frequent?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Big A, Aug 19, 2008.

1. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Aside from SF, FNB is the only one I regularly participate in these days. I still lurk on AAAC with some regularity but haven't posted there in over 10 months, for reasons known to many forum regulars. I used to be more active on Dandyism.net and still weigh in on topics of interest. Haven't visited the London Lounge for quite a while, for no particular reason. The Fedora Lounge has always struck me as too retro-costumey for my tastes.

2. Gherkins

Gherkins Senior member

I rarely participate on SF (due to language barriers) but it is by far the forum I visit most. AAAC has lost most of it's appeal to me. I love reading the FL, if only from a voyeuristic approach. I think I never posted there. Dandyism and the London Lounge is always worth reading and FNB is usually quite a bit of fun. The only other forums I regularly visit are www.racesimcentral.com and the boards at www.atlasf1.com

3. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

For clothing I visit SF the most.

The other forums I frequent are sports related...USC football and FC Barcelona (soccer)

4. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

styleforum.net
    pianoworld.com

i just joined superfuture supertalk but hadnt posted yet

5. TheDroog

TheDroog Senior member

I check out Ask Andy About Clothes every few days, though the average member there is much older and more conservative than I am. I do enjoy the lack of snarkiness though, and the typical AAAC poster tends to give more useful advice to questions. However, the strict focus on classical menswear limits my overall interest.

Superfuture is the opposite of AAAC; almost everyone is 16 years old and talks shit all day, but that also makes it extremely fun to read if I have a few minutes to kill.

SF seems to have the best balance, so I read this most.

6. randallr

randallr Senior member

FNB is Film Noire Buff I believe.

7. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

Aside from SF, FNB is the only one I regularly participate in these days. I still lurk on AAAC with some regularity but haven't posted there in over 10 months, for reasons known to many forum regulars. I used to be more active on Dandyism.net and still weigh in on topics of interest. Haven't visited the London Lounge for quite a while, for no particular reason. The Fedora Lounge has always struck me as too retro-costumey for my tastes.

+1 on all accounts.

8. Closer

Closer Senior member

This is my only clothing forum, because I like it the best. The information and personalities on here are far superior to the other forums I have checked out.

I also frequent tennis forums, porsche forums and bmw forums. I am an avid tennis palyer and I have been driving porsches and bmws exclusively for the last 5 years or so.

9. Doc4

Doc4 Senior member

I spend most of my time over at Badger & Blade, devoted to traditional shaving methods.

10. Siggy

Siggy Senior member

Well, I suppose there is a forum for just about everything.

For clothing/style, SF & AAAC, otherwise I check out Dandyism, London Lounge, Sartorialist, Styleinberlin, a suitable wardrobe, and one or two German sites and sometimes Basenotes.

I used to surf various gun forums, but haven't visited in a long time.

Also used to check out Autopia.org, which is a good car detailing (waxing etc.) forum.

11. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

Currently:
    SF
    Cruise Critic
    AAAC (infrequently)

I also read Suitable Wardrobe (daily) and Sartorialist (weekly or less) but consider them more blogs than forums.

Occasional Lurking (never posting):
    FNB (too angry)
    LL (too intimidating, though sometimes informative)

Formerly, but no more:
    Fedora Lounge
    TimeZone
    Jag-Lovers.org
    A couple of fountain pen forums

12. Sator

Sator Senior member

I spend most of my time over at Badger & Blade, devoted to traditional shaving methods.

That's a very good forum for those interested in the ancient art of shaving. I lurk there when I need specific information but have never posted.

13. Sator

Sator Senior member

14. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I spend the most time on SF and significantly less time on AAAC. I have a few others that I check about once a week or so.

15. nicad2000

nicad2000 Senior member

SF commands an overwhelming majority of the time I devote to forums. Last year, when I first discovered AAAC and SF, I visited them both on a fairly equal basis. Since then I have spent progressively less and less time on AAAC and more and more here. Seems to be a trend and I have really noticed an increasing disparity between the post counts of the two...

Besides these, I really only spend a bit of time on an Infiniti enthusiast forum.