• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTC socks for long & large calves

FelixTheFinn

Reaction score
I have the problem where most sock brands I try (Urban fine socks, Falke, Burlington etc) are not long enough to reach above the largest part of my calf and thus often end up falling down. Even if some socks stay up, since I have very large calves and the socks only reach to their largest part, they are not very comfortable (pinching), especially when I sit with my legs crossed (I'm 198cm, 6'6" and as a rugby player have always had massive thighs and calves) Has anyone experienced similar problems, and what brand(s) have they found to satisfy their needs?
Regular socks don't fall down, but I prefer the utility and elegance of an OTC over its shorter cousin.

Thanks for your help,
Felix

Last edited:

nlu89

Reaction score
I used to have this problem as well (still do with almost all other socks), but I've found that Nordstrom's OTC socks work very well for me. They stay up all day, and I haven't had any problems with them yet. They do only come in basic colors if I recall (I have grey and navy), so it may not work if you're a patterned-sock kinda guy.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Felix, i have a bunch of Polo OTC socks im selling......these should do the trick. I also have soke Pantherella that might work.

I'll shoot you a PM later today.

Cheers!

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear short socks, cures the problem very satisfactorily.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads