• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oswald Boateng not a Good ol' boy

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
don't many, if not most, of the Row houses offer both nowadays?

The Italians all seem to do both, or at least a top-notch MTM at that end.

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
Years ago, I picked up a RTW Kilgour French & Stanbury suit from a Barneys Warehouse Sale. It was my favorite suit for years. Looking back, it was complete crap -- harsh fabric, very stiff, fused jacket, large-ish shoulders...

As to the main topic at hand, although I don't own any Boateng (I'm a RJ and PS fan), I think he's talented and I'd consider it. Like PS and RJ, he's trying to keep tailored clothing fun and appealing to a younger generation. It may not be to everybodys taste, but it has its place.

Zubberah

Reaction score
I'd heard that Richard James took him to court or threatened to sue in mid 90s coz he wasr ipping off RJ's tie designs - even in Australia the OB ties were exact copies of the RJ but one season out.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Mr. Boateng has jumped the shark in my book as he has now gone the way of the insipid "queer eye for the straight guy" and all the other crap pseudo-reality shows ( I use "shows" in the broadest of terms). Tag line "High Fashion, High Drama".... Oy. I'll hold out for the Stella McCartney show.... "High Fashion, Shrinking Inheritance".

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Mr. Boateng has jumped the shark in my book as he has now gone the way of the insipid "queer eye for the straight guy" and all the other crap pseudo-reality shows ( I use "shows" in the broadest of terms). Tag line "High Fashion, High Drama".... Oy. I'll hold out for the Stella McCartney show.... "High Fashion, Shrinking Inheritance".

the song copyrights will pretty much feed her up and her future grandkids.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads