• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ostrich Quills

mafoofan Jr.

Reaction score
I just got a new wallet made of South African ostrich skin. The quills turned out to be obtrusively pointy, unlike other types of ostrich products I've used in the past, where the quills have a softer, milder touch. Is this a slight variation or is this a sign of poor tanning?

I invite ostrich experts to common.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Reaction score
It's not generally known, but Ed Morel is widely considered in ostritch ranching circles to be one of the top breaders. His ranch in the Bronx produces some of the largest commercially available drumsticks.

I'll wait for him to weigh in. We are lucky to have a person of his expertise here.

- B

mafoofan Jr.

Reaction score
my wallet has tiny hairs still inside the quill....
I'll wait for him as well. Thanks.

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
It's not generally known, but Ed Morel is widely considered in ostritch ranching circles to be one of the top breaders. His ranch in the Bronx produces some of the largest commercially available drumsticks.

I'll wait for him to weigh in. We are lucky to have a person of his expertise here.

- B

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
show some pictures

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 26 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 132 17.3%