• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

gululv

Reaction score
I am interested in the olive fatigue pants by Orslow, sold from Inventory. However, I think I might need a size XL. Anyone tried these pants? Is it worth the stress to proxy them all the way from Japan?

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair in size 4 from Pavement, with shipping it was $225. - ordered them Tues and they were delivered this past Sat. Great fabric - I also noticed that Inventory and New high market stocks them.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Great brand, bit surprised on here this thread hasn't taken off more ..
Fatigues are great quality, as is their denim ..

1989thenumber

Reaction score
Great brand, bit surprised on here this thread hasn't taken off more ..
Fatigues are great quality, as is their denim ..

Yeah, I've thought that myself a few times. I've got the fatigue shorts and they've faded really nicely.

I've got quite a bit of OrSlow, but all shirts and shorts. I'd love some jeans but they are all too short in the leg for me. My wife bought some of the jeans, they look great on her. I love their slubby denim.

He does a lot of specials for Fennica in Beams, but I've not been in Tokyo when it's dropped the last few times, and it sells out pretty quick.

Last edited:

coffeequeen

Reaction score
I have the military chino and white chambray button down shirt. I can confirm they are well constructed and use nice fabrics. My difficulty has been finding XL sizes( I need a 6 to get a comfortable fit), otherwise I would have more Orslow in my wardrobe. I am puzzled as well why this brand doesn't receive more attention.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Only place I've ever seen size 6 has been the Bureau Belfast, Bluebuttonstore used to stock 6, but seems vast majority only go as far as 5 ..
Coveralls are a bigger fit, think 5 will fit me, I too need 6 ..

1989thenumber

Reaction score
Only place I've ever seen size 6 has been the Bureau Belfast, Bluebuttonstore used to stock 6, but seems vast majority only go as far as 5 ..
Coveralls are a bigger fit, think 5 will fit me, I too need 6 ..

I've got the 50s coverall in a 3, and I agree, they come up big. I wear the workshirts in a 4 though, because they come up small and I've really gone off the slim-fit look over the past year. Getting into a more relaxed fit.

Apologies if I'm stating the obvious, but I would guess OrSlow has been mainly focused on the Japanese domestic market, hence the scarcity of larger sizes.

havensk

Reaction score
Reviving this thread from the dead. I recently picked up the orslow book, which is translated into english and gives a history of Ichiro Nakatsu, his history with vintage denim, and his manufacturing and making ethos. It's got some amazing photography in it and Ichiro's story is pretty engaging too. I make things and its pretty cool to listen to other makers wax poetic about the skill involved in their chosen craft (William Kroll of Tender also comes to mind, release a book William). Also cool is the book is half wrapped with some of their signature denim. Orslow is a great company and I'm a big fan of all TWO pieces I have from them.

Attachments

• orslow_book_04.jpg
    orslow_book_04.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 244

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also exhuming this thread. I'm a huge Orslow fan, have 6 pairs of their fatigue pants in various fits and fabrics. This is kind of a long shot, but Bureau Belfast has a bunch of the New Yorker pants on sale. I'm tempted, but given the measurements (slightly cropped, high rise, roomy thighs) I think they might have crossed the line from "comfy" to "baggy." Anyone tried them on, or own a pair?

havensk

Reaction score
Also exhuming this thread. I'm a huge Orslow fan, have 6 pairs of their fatigue pants in various fits and fabrics. This is kind of a long shot, but Bureau Belfast has a bunch of the New Yorker pants on sale. I'm tempted, but given the measurements (slightly cropped, high rise, roomy thighs) I think they might have crossed the line from "comfy" to "baggy." Anyone tried them on, or own a pair?
I've heard nothing but positives about the new yorker pants. I don't think they're baggy so much as just cropped and tapered. They have belt loops, an elastic waist, AND a snap so they're bound to stay on you. I would just look at the measurements closely and reach out to TBB for questions.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've heard nothing but positives about the new yorker pants. I don't think they're baggy so much as just cropped and tapered. They have belt loops, an elastic waist, AND a snap so they're bound to stay on you. I would just look at the measurements closely and reach out to TBB for questions.

I have a couple pairs of New Yorker pants, including a pair from the Bureau Belfast that is a slight design tweak from the Orslow standard. The ones that I have from the Bureau Belfast do not have belt loops, and the rear pockets are different.

They definitely have extra volume in the top block. I wouldn't call them baggy, but some might find them too roomy in the thighs. As mentioned, they are cropped and have a pretty aggressive taper to the leg openings. I wear them pretty casually.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple pairs of New Yorker pants, including a pair from the Bureau Belfast that is a slight design tweak from the Orslow standard. The ones that I have from the Bureau Belfast do not have belt loops, and the rear pockets are different.

They definitely have extra volume in the top block. I wouldn't call them baggy, but some might find them too roomy in the thighs. As mentioned, they are cropped and have a pretty aggressive taper to the leg openings. I wear them pretty casually.

Thanks -- I've ordered a pair, so we'll see. Like a lot of people here I'm moving toward that kind of fit anyway, especially as I'm a cyclist and have largish thighs/haunches relative to my weight and other measurements. I'm thinking they'd look good with a white T-shirt and a pair of GATs.

havensk

Reaction score
Thanks -- I've ordered a pair, so we'll see. Like a lot of people here I'm moving toward that kind of fit anyway, especially as I'm a cyclist and have largish thighs/haunches relative to my weight and other measurements. I'm thinking they'd look good with a white T-shirt and a pair of GATs.
I've pretty much moved entirely to wider fitting pants and larger silhouette's and it's much comfier for me. I think they'll look awesome with a t shirt and some military inspired sneakers. Post a fit when you get them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads