• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

henrip

Reaction score
I got my first pair in size 3 but sold them because they stretched a lot. Then bought a pair in size 2 which were tight at first but after a couple hours of wear felt great. My advice is that you should definetely try one size smaller.

Retri

Reaction score
Thank you for your answers!

Seems that I need to get used to pants with a higher rise like these (by far, the roomiest pair of pants that I own). Even wearing them at the waist under the belly button I feel that they are sagging a bit, don't want to look sloopy on these :)
They are kinda supposed to look extra and fit large, some sagging would be acceptable as well.

These are military repro pants, the sole purpose of wearing these (or Bryceland's P13 and the likes), aside from the comfort and the Ivy'esque counter-culture undertones, is experimenting with volumes or extremely relaxed fits; either your top matches their fit and you end up looking like a late 90's/early 2k skater (or someone straight outta a Bomfunk MC's viceoclip), just a tad more refined, or you pair them up with some fine tailoring - sport coat, tie and all - and enjoy the juxtaposition. Both looks seem to be all the rage in Japan right now.

photo_5767374569055829398_y.jpg
photo_5767374569055829406_y.jpg
photo_5767374569055829408_y.jpg
photo_5767374569055829409_y.jpg

First 2 fits is yours truly (the ecru jacket is the OrSlow 40's kinari chore coat btw), credits to cityboi_shin on Insta for the other two.

At its core, it's the same principle of wearing a ripstop jungle jacket or, to a lesser degree, a classic Barbour jacket over a suit, it's all about creating contrast, which is why the slim version makes about zero sense, unless you're tiny (I also wouldn't want a zip fly anywhere near there, but that's just me).

Last edited:

Treble

Reaction score
They are kinda supposed to look extra and fit large, some sagging would be acceptable as well.

These are military repro pants, the sole purpose of wearing these (or Bryceland's P13 and the likes), aside from the comfort and the Ivy'esque counter-culture undertones, is experimenting with volumes or extremely relaxed fits; either your top matches their fit and you end up looking like a late 90's/early 2k skater (or someone straight outta a Bomfunk MC's viceoclip), just a tad more refined, or you pair them up with some fine tailoring - sport coat, tie and all - and enjoy the juxtaposition. Both looks seem to be all the rage in Japan right now.

View attachment 1970615
View attachment 1970617
View attachment 1970619
View attachment 1970621

First 2 fits is yours truly (the ecru jacket is the OrSlow 40's kinari chore coat btw), credits to cityboi_shin on Insta for the other two.

At its core, it's the same principle of wearing a ripstop jungle jacket or, to a lesser degree, a classic Barbour jacket over a suit, it's all about creating contrast, which is why the slim version makes about zero sense, unless you're tiny (I also wouldn't want a zip fly anywhere near there, but that's just me).

Agree with all this, and like the first one in particular. The full juxtaposition (#3) where something like grey flannels are swapped out for fatigues is hard to get right.

Gustaf

Reaction score
Question for 105 and 107 owners:

If you were between sizes (specifically between 2 and 3 if that matters), which one did you end up picking and what's the verdict after some wears?

Also, does anyone know the difference in length between size 2 and 3?

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for 105 and 107 owners:

If you were between sizes (specifically between 2 and 3 if that matters), which one did you end up picking and what's the verdict after some wears?

Also, does anyone know the difference in length between size 2 and 3?
explain in what way are you between sizes? In waist or thighs etc?

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the difference between Fatigue Pants and Slim Fatigue comparable as denim fit 105 vs 107?

zranger102797

Reaction score
Personally I was between 3 and 4 in the slim fit fatigues and am very glad I went with the 4. More comfortable, roomier aesthetic, and I had an original hem done to compensate for the additional length. Love the nice high rise. The more experience I get with orslow, the more I realize the difference between two adjacent sizes is often not whether a garment will fit but rather how it will fit. For example, I wanted a little more chest room in the orslow chambray I ordered, so I went 5. Love how it fits. Bet I could’ve worn a 4, too, but it would’ve been slimmer than aesthetic I desire.

Gustaf

Reaction score
Good point. Just the waist, basically. I have only tried on the size 2 so far. Fit and length is good (could be 0,5-1” longer). But I think the main issue is that the waist is a bit tight, an inch more would be perfect.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the difference between Fatigue Pants and Slim Fatigue comparable as denim fit 105 vs 107?
No, top block (besides rise and closure) is pretty much the same. It's really just the taper, where slim tapers about an inch or so more vs regular fit

lineate

Reaction score

Re: 107, I didn’t fit in a 2 and the 3 was the “comfy” side of fitting. I found them would stretch heavily in the waist and seat, but I still wouldn’t have been able to size down.

I got my 3s taken in at Blackhorse Lane and they fit perfect now. The tailor there said she was reducing them equivalent to “half a size,” if that makes any sense.

Gustaf

Reaction score
Re: 107, I didn’t fit in a 2 and the 3 was the “comfy” side of fitting. I found them would stretch heavily in the waist and seat, but I still wouldn’t have been able to size down.

I got my 3s taken in at Blackhorse Lane and they fit perfect now. The tailor there said she was reducing them equivalent to “half a size,” if that makes any sense.

It does. This was very helpful, thanks!

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

if the biggest problem is the waist then you should go with same size in 105. If it is the legs, then size 2 will probably work for you in 105.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, top block (besides rise and closure) is pretty much the same. It's really just the taper, where slim tapers about an inch or so more vs regular fit
Thanks! If it is almost no difference in thigh measurements then slim version might work for me. Will still try to find all the measurements to compare before pulling the trigger to try them.

lineate

Reaction score
if the biggest problem is the waist then you should go with same size in 105. If it is the legs, then size 2 will probably work for you in 105.
I would definitely buy 105 if I was buying Orslow again.

I recently got a pair of Resolute 710 and they are working really well for me. Nice slim straight fit, decent rise, really nice fluffy denim.

zranger102797

Reaction score
I would definitely buy 105 if I was buying Orslow again.

I recently got a pair of Resolute 710 and they are working really well for me. Nice slim straight fit, decent rise, really nice fluffy denim.
Agreed on the 710. I enjoy that it’s mid rise but much closer to high than low. Sits in a comfortable spot on the body for sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads