• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

kylebwells

Reaction score
Fit Check:

I am undecided about whether to sell or keep these 107's. Are these size 3 too big? Do you think they "bloom" too much at the thighs? I could button the size 2, but they weren't comfortable. I'm trying to get away from my slimmer jeans, but without going wide-leg. The waist and rise on these are perfect with a tucked in shirt. I just worry a little about the way the thighs are falling. Thoughts?

70734757189__9881B4B6-4D85-4D10-94C7-C8F6B00C616E.jpeg

70734767307__ADDA4941-1812-4B05-89A2-150E20867941.jpeg
70734760485__EC055ABB-1313-4261-9955-324E3771CA13.jpeg
70734763578__084E8798-6D8B-4141-8E42-DCA75D0BD1A0.jpeg

Retri

Reaction score
Fit Check:

I am undecided about whether to sell or keep these 107's. Are these size 3 too big? Do you think they "bloom" too much at the thighs? I could button the size 2, but they weren't comfortable. I'm trying to get away from my slimmer jeans, but without going wide-leg. The waist and rise on these are perfect with a tucked in shirt. I just worry a little about the way the thighs are falling. Thoughts?

View attachment 1967711

View attachment 1967713 View attachment 1967715 View attachment 1967717

Soak them; my 1 wash shrunk noticeably with lukewarm water. Start with cold water, hang dry, check the fit and progressively increase the temp of the water if needed be.

Push comes to shove, get them taken in a little, they aren't that big to begin with and they need to be hemmed anyway.

henrip

Reaction score
I’d recommend to try 105 in size 2. After few washes the hem would be slim enough for the fit you seem to be after. Even better option would be Full Count 1108w

nachobarro

Reaction score
Morning everyone!

Does anybody have the regular fatigue pants? I just bought them in a size 3 (I usually wear a size 31 or 32 in most pants) and I'm unsure if I should go down 1 size since these have a higher rise and sit right at the waistline.. I have a little room (can wear them with the waist tabs buttoned although it is a bit tight)

IMG_1635.jpeg

IMG_1636.jpeg

IMG_1637.jpeg

IMG_1639.jpeg

IMG_1640.jpeg

(last 2 pics are with the tabs buttoned)

Any advice? How much do they stretch out/shrink?

Thank you!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Morning everyone!

Does anybody have the regular fatigue pants? I just bought them in a size 3 (I usually wear a size 31 or 32 in most pants) and I'm unsure if I should go down 1 size since these have a higher rise and sit right at the waistline.. I have a little room (can wear them with the waist tabs buttoned although it is a bit tight)

View attachment 1968723
View attachment 1968725
View attachment 1968727
View attachment 1968729
View attachment 1968731

Thank you!
Minimal shrink, really only noticed inseam very slightly. The tabs are there to cinch up waist, so if it's tight with the tabs you probably don't want to size down

wadeleewis

Reaction score
Has anyone had their Regular fit fatigues tailored? I found a second hand pair of the black stone wash that I was searching for, but only in a size 4. I want to take them in to be hemmed for sure, but also want them to be slightly less baggy. Will there be an issue because of the double stitching on the side?

nachobarro

Reaction score
Minimal shrink, really only noticed inseam very slightly. The tabs are there to cinch up waist, so if it's tight with the tabs you probably don't want to size down
thanks! What about the stretching?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks! What about the stretching?
Minimal. I had only one side tab buttoned for about a year and just started on the second this year. A cold wash and low dry will tighten them right back up

nachobarro

Reaction score
Minimal. I had only one side tab buttoned for about a year and just started on the second this year. A cold wash and low dry will tighten them right back up
Thank you for your answers!

Seems that I need to get used to pants with a higher rise like these (by far, the roomiest pair of pants that I own). Even wearing them at the waist under the belly button I feel that they are sagging a bit, don't want to look sloopy on these :)

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your answers!

Seems that I need to get used to pants with a higher rise like these (by far, the roomiest pair of pants that I own). Even wearing them at the waist under the belly button I feel that they are sagging a bit, don't want to look sloopy on these :)
Yeah, I understand that feeling. I think I actually prefer the slim fit fatigues. They have similar top block, lower rise and zippered opening. They get more wear than my regular fit ones.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Morning everyone!

View attachment 1968723
View attachment 1968725
View attachment 1968727
View attachment 1968729
View attachment 1968731

Thank you!
I do. They shrink a bit in warm water but stretch out again. I wear them over the waist and my only complaint is that the button fly is hard to do up. I wish Orslow would put a zipper on them like the slim fit model.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do. They shrink a bit in warm water but stretch out again. I wear them over the waist and my only complaint is that the button fly is hard to do up. I wish Orslow would put a zipper on them like the slim fit model.
I agree too that the button fly is substandard and a zipper fly would make these ideal.

Junglejack

Reaction score
Yeah, I understand that feeling. I think I actually prefer the slim fit fatigues. They have similar top block, lower rise and zippered opening. They get more wear than my regular fit ones.
Same. I ended up having my pair of regular fit fatigues made into shorts as I never wore them and wanted them slightly shorter than OrSlow’s fatigue shorts regardless.

Treble

Reaction score
Found the cotton fatigue do stretch in the waist if you need them to. They return when washed. As they are a loose fit (though not as wide as other repro brands) I went for the size that felt a little tight at first, the one up looked really sloppy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads