• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just personal opinion: if you have to stretch the thighs or wear them in the shower to get them to fit, you probably should have bought a bigger size or different cut.
Different cut, agreed. But sometimes you can't help those gainzz. Everyday be leg day he get too thicc ???

Phullyman

Reaction score
Simple fit with the 105 2 year wash

D1405C23-2A3C-494A-85FF-B2623BA9A999.jpeg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own the French work pants and been successful getting them to shrink a bit in the inseam and waist?

whatsthis

Reaction score
Anyone own the French work pants and been successful getting them to shrink a bit in the inseam and waist?

Yes, but from my experience this is dependent on the fabric. I've been able to get some shrinkage for wool and brushed cotton versions. I also have some standard cotton herringbone ones but you won't get much shrinkage from those.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but from my experience this is dependent on the fabric. I've been able to get some shrinkage for wool and brushed cotton versions. I also have some standard cotton herringbone ones but you won't get much shrinkage from those.
Thanks, I just picked up the light olive cords and they seem just a little larger than the measurements suggested

whatsthis

Reaction score
Yeah I find the French work pants to run a bit larger than other Orslow pants.

Phullyman

Reaction score
I size down on due to how straight the cut is and they have the half elastic on the back

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I size down on due to how straight the cut is and they have the half elastic on the back
I liked the thigh room in the 3 and the inseam would have definitely been too short if i sized down

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do you size the french work pants relative to 107s/105s ?

107s fit me better in the waist in a size 3, but the rest of them is too slim. So i wear size 4s and just use a belt.
Should I get 4s in the french work pants as well?

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
How do you size the french work pants relative to 107s/105s ?

107s fit me better in the waist in a size 3, but the rest of them is too slim. So i wear size 4s and just use a belt.
Should I get 4s in the french work pants as well?

The French work pants are looser in the top block and leg than the 107s and 105s. I’d recommend the size 3 and you may still need a belt because of the elastic.

I take a size 4 and use a belt in the 105s for reasons similar to you. French work pants in size 3 fit me great. I could technically fit a size 2 with the waist stretched but then the rest of the pant is too slim for me.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@pinkchimneys is right - @OccultaVexillum go size 3. the elastic causes them to fit a bit more loosely in the waist, even though the flat measurement might suggest otherwise. you'll definitely still need a belt. my french work pants have recently surpassed my new yorkers as my favorite pair of orslows

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I regret not getting the olive cord French worker pants in a 2 like my new Yorkers. I have a 3 in the slim fatigues and went the same size

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads