• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

havensk

Reaction score
Anybody know if/when/where I can find a pair of New Yorker pants in charcoal in size 4? End has a pair but for almost $100 more than most other places I've seen stocking them.

leephil

Reaction score
Anybody know if/when/where I can find a pair of New Yorker pants in charcoal in size 4? End has a pair but for almost $100 more than most other places I've seen stocking them.
can't help you find it but will let you know that I've owned the new yorkers in charcoal typewriter cloth and disliked the material. they were like crazy loud, like i was wearing parachute pants. might've died down once more broken in but i just wanted to resell as new.

i currently own the ubiquitous green ripstop new yorkers and find the material is much quieter.

havensk

Reaction score
can't help you find it but will let you know that I've owned the new yorkers in charcoal typewriter cloth and disliked the material. they were like crazy loud, like i was wearing parachute pants. might've died down once more broken in but i just wanted to resell as new.

i currently own the ubiquitous green ripstop new yorkers and find the material is much quieter.
Good to know, maybe I'll check for the material before ordering. Good looking out!

lineate

Reaction score
Hey, does anybody know if Orslow one-wash denim will shrink a bit over time, with repeated wears and washing?

Im sort of between sizes with Orslow, and from what I’ve read on the past few pages, some of you are as well.

i have the slim fatigues in a 3, and they’re a little bit loose in the waist but I like the volume on the fatigues.

I just got the 107s about 2 weeks ago. The fit is great, the denim is amazing and super comfy.I couldn’t get into a 2, and went with a 3. The 3 fit nice, but has stretched a bit in the waist, maybe about an inch or so.

(I’m 6’2” and 165 and pretty much wear a 32 in everything, for reference)

I’m fine belting them, but I get them tailored at some point, if they don’t shrink down in the wash at all.

Rookoobay

Reaction score
they'll probably shrink back to what they were new but stretch again after a few wears. I've had a pair of 107s in one wash for a few years now, plenty of washes. interestingly, I'm usually a 32-34 and a 3 in orslow fatigues, but the 2 works for me in the denim (no belt). as others have mentioned, might be due to sizing differences by season. if I were buying again I'd just get a 3 and belt them if needed.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will shrink in wash, but stretch back out. Embrace the baggier comfort.

lineate

Reaction score
they'll probably shrink back to what they were new but stretch again after a few wears. I've had a pair of 107s in one wash for a few years now, plenty of washes. interestingly, I'm usually a 32-34 and a 3 in orslow fatigues, but the 2 works for me in the denim (no belt). as others have mentioned, might be due to sizing differences by season. if I were buying again I'd just get a 3 and belt them if needed.
Will shrink in wash, but stretch back out. Embrace the baggier comfort.

Thank you both so much. Love the overall message to embrace the comfort. I’m going to take it on board ☺

I recently tried the New Yorker in 3, but it was SO big I had to pass (like fall off my backside big). I’m going back for a 2 I think.

MaE

Reaction score
Aren’t the 107 too short for you if you’re 6’2”? I’m 183cm tall (which is a bit shorter than 6’2”) and like the silhouette of the Orslow 107’s but all the models that I was able to try on (2 different pairs of the 1 year wash and the normal “raw” denim, all of them in a size 3) were too short for me.

lineate

Reaction score
Aren’t the 107 too short for you if you’re 6’2”? I’m 183cm tall (which is a bit shorter than 6’2”) and like the silhouette of the Orslow 107’s but all the models that I was able to try on (2 different pairs of the 1 year wash and the normal “raw” denim, all of them in a size 3) were too short for me.

Nope! The 2 would have been shorter than I like, but the 3 I can wear down, with a single cuff or a slim roll. Inseam measures 31.5”.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaE

alset_rl

Reaction score
Does the orslow fatigue pant shrink after washing ? I got the size 3 and is a bit too loose to my liking..

lineate

Reaction score
Does the orslow fatigue pant shrink after washing ? I got the size 3 and is a bit too loose to my liking..

I also wear a size 3, which is a little bit loose on me. Mine have not shrunk, and I just toss them in whatever wash is going in, 30 or 40C, and hang dry them. Never used the tumble dryer. I’ve embraced the fit though!

I wear one of the stretchy belts from Anderson’s and it’s just really comfy.

gnu

Reaction score
Anyone have the Army Chinos? Are they heavy and slubby? Looking for something to replace my old RRL officer chinos.

Racing Green

Reaction score
Anyone have the Army Chinos? Are they heavy and slubby? Looking for something to replace my old RRL officer chinos.

I have the slim fit Army chino, heavier and slubbier compared to any other chinos I've had albeit I've no experience of the RRL officer chinos. Not 'slim' either, much more of a straight full fit. That said I'm a size 3 across the board in Orslow and could probably have gone down to a 2 in these but I'm embracing the comfort!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads