• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
idk what all this sizing talk is about - i have pretty consistently taken size 3 across the board. I've got:
new yorker in ripstop - 3
black 107 - 3
slim fit fatigue in olive sateen - 3
1 wash 105 or 107 - 3

Only pants I size UP in would be:
stone wash black 107
our canoe club painter pant via orslow

blockdmyownshot

Reaction score
idk what all this sizing talk is about - i have pretty consistently taken size 3 across the board. I've got:
black 107 - 3
1 wash 105 or 107 - 3

stone wash black 107

Yo I love my painter pants from you guys! Have the black ones they're fantastic

That being said I also am kind of spotty with orslow sizing. I am between a 2/3 I think I went 3 on the painter pants but don't think I could've sized down. 2 in New Yorkers, and actually had to go down to a 1 in the French work pants :oops: (but i think these are an outlier I have the flannel ones from FW which may just run bigger)

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score
I’m new to the brand but I feel like I can go slimmer in jeans vs pants. I hate when pants pockets flare out from the cut being too slim but this is not an issue with jeans. So if a 2 is snug in jeans I might try a 3 in pants

Wrenkin

Reaction score
One issue I've found is that the mill pants and wool french work pants are quite heavy, so the drawstring/belt is doing a lot of work, and the Bureau picked a very annoying cord for their model that doesn't grip very well. The french work pants on the other hand can take a belt, but I don't know if they're really designed for it given the elastic waist. I also think the spacing on the belt loops is a little wonky.

illiterate

Reaction score
black 107 - 3
1 wash 105 or 107 - 3

stone wash black 107
I think the issue is stockist measurements are all over the place when it comes to Orslow. You can get 3-4 different waist measurements for size 3. Anywhere from 32" to 34".

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've worn Orlsow pants for years (Fatigues, regular and slim, new yorkers and 105's) and I'm consistently a 4.

blackcheer

Reaction score
Same. I wear a 3 in 105s, regular fatigues and new yorkers. Can’t fit into the 107s or slim fatigues. Haven’t tried any other styles

black 107 - 3
1 wash 105 or 107 - 3

stone wash black 107

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a different take on Orslow pant sizing and have found a lot of variability. I wear a 2 in the slim fit Army pants and the New Yorkers without any issue. The latter have an elastic waist, so they have a bigger range of fit. I wear a size 3 in the slim fit fatigues in olive sateen. They have some stretch, so I could maybe fit into a 2. However, I find the 3 a lot more comfortable for me. I have the 107s in the Bedford Cords in a size 3. I would not be able to wear a size 2. I have tried, but don't own, a bunch of 105s and 107s in various denim washes and have found considerable variance. I've never fit into any in size 2 and have found even some of the 3s to be too snug. In my experience, the 107s are not consistently sized across fabrics and washes. Maybe my experience is an outlier, but I've always found the sizing all over the place.

I also own quite a number of Orslow button down shirts. One standard cotton, two denim, three chambray, one cotton-linen, and one cotton-wool. It's the exact same style shirt, but the fit is really all over the place. Not even any real consistency with the same fabric in different washes. I wear a 2 across all of them, but a few are kinda snug and a few are quite baggy. And then all kinds of sizing in the middle.

I love Orslow, and it makes up the bulk of my day-to-day casual wear, but sizing has always been a bit of an adventure.

leephil

Reaction score
I, too, have owned a lot of Orslow pants and have experienced a fair amount of variance. Somewhat similar results to zalb916 above me. I usually wear a 31-32 in pants and a medium in tops.

Slim fatigues size 2 - fit pretty nice
Slim fit army trousers size 2 - fit a little big at first but shrunk nicely after a wash and has a nice slim silhouette now
Orslow New Yorker black typewriter cloth size 2 - too small in the waist.
Orslow New Yorker corduroy size 3 - sized up to a 3 bc of previous new yorker dp but kinda wished i sized down as the corduroy has more give than the black typewriter cloth. I still wear em though as a relaxed fit
107 one wash size 2 - too small
107 two year wash size 3 - too small
105 two year wash size 2 - too small
105 two year wash size 3 - too big

i've found their denim sizes vary a bunch from batch to batch.

i only have one top, the grey loopwheeled hoodie in a size 3 that fits nicely, slightly oversized. It does this weird thing with the pocket slash bottom hem where it bacons and rides up after a bit which i don't like though. in fact, it sorta drives me crazy bc i love everything else about the fit.

Last edited:

illiterate

Reaction score
I'm debating going for the 105s. How much stretch could one expect in the waist?

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm it’s weird if your a true 30-31” waist and the size 2 107s are too small... even when I was bulkin and got up to a 34” waist the size 2s stretched and fit me.

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
The two year wash denims definitely fit slimmer in my experience.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads