• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the French work pants? I picked up the grey cotton "wool" ones and man they fit big! I have a 3 in painter pants, heard to size down from normal orslow pants and the two just slip down and I was swimming in em. French work pants normally this big or just this iteration?

My favorite orSlow pants. I own multiple pairs. I think the grey cotton ones must be an outlier because the size down (from 3 to 2) advice works great for me in other fabrics if you want to wear them without a belt. Though I honestly now prefer the size 3 French work pants for how they fit in the rest of the seat/leg and just using a belt. So if you're looking for some size 2s in great condition (navy, black, khaki), let me know!

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Awesome. Now the age old question sizing. I am a 30 waist, wear a 1 in the 107. Measurements seem to indicate I should go up to a 2, as they run at least an inch smaller in the waist.

Also any opinions if I should go with the slim fit or regular? I like them both, but the slim fit seems like it might be more flattering.

I prefer the higher rise and comfier top block of the classic fatigues but that will really depend on how you like your pants to fit.

blockdmyownshot

Reaction score
My favorite orSlow pants. I own multiple pairs. I think the grey cotton ones must be an outlier because the size down (from 3 to 2) advice works great for me in other fabrics if you want to wear them without a belt. Though I honestly now prefer the size 3 French work pants for how they fit in the rest of the seat/leg and just using a belt. So if you're looking for some size 2s in great condition (navy, black, khaki), let me know!
What's your normal waist size if I may ask? I just shipped them back to exchange for a one but I was just kinda surprised cause they didn't fit like the new yorkers or painter pants I have from them. Is the rest of the leg supposed to be pretty baggy? (Which normally I'm fine with but these really felt like truly oversized)

I may honestly be interested based on how these pan out! Could I get some measurements? Like waist and thigh?

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
What's your normal waist size if I may ask? I just shipped them back to exchange for a one but I was just kinda surprised cause they didn't fit like the new yorkers or painter pants I have from them. Is the rest of the leg supposed to be pretty baggy? (Which normally I'm fine with but these really felt like truly oversized)

I may honestly be interested based on how these pan out! Could I get some measurements? Like waist and thigh?

33 true waist, though maybe I'm pushing a 34 from stress eating in the pandemic. In my experience, the French work pants are a pretty straight cut in the leg, not baggy. Must be how the different material worked out.

waist - 15" - ~17" stretched
thigh - 13"

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
New Yorker my fav. OrSlow fit, loose but very tapered ..

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those familiar with Orslow denim: Do you wear your 105s or 107s pretty loose in the waist? Just received a pair of 107s, size 1 in the 2 year wash. Fit great in the leg but have lots of room in the waist. Do they even make a size 0 in these?

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
For those familiar with Orslow denim: Do you wear your 105s or 107s pretty loose in the waist? Just received a pair of 107s, size 1 in the 2 year wash. Fit great in the leg but have lots of room in the waist. Do they even make a size 0 in these?

I’ve found the denim fits me best by sizing up and wearing a belt. They may make a size 0 for women but you’d probably have to look in Japan to find it.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve found the denim fits me best by sizing up and wearing a belt. They may make a size 0 for women but you’d probably have to look in Japan to find it.

Thanks, that’s pretty much the confirmation I was looking for! I’ll give ‘em a go.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where is the most reliable place to find measurements for the slim fatigue pants? I've seen different size charts on 4 or 5 different stockist websites. Thanks.

pinkchimneys

Reaction score

They tell you exactly how they measure as well.

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score

i just picked up a pair of the 107 in one wash size 2.

To be honest, the main reason I picked them was I was looking for new jeans that were a step up from my usual Levi’s 501 but a bit slimmer and the measurements in that size looked dead on for me. I’m happy to say the reported measurements were accurate.

so I think it’s really hit or miss for this type of sizing. If I gain a bit of weight I’d be in between 2 and 3 and probably would be looking at a different brand. Now I know how women feel

Wrenkin

Reaction score
i just picked up a pair of the 107 in one wash size 2.

To be honest, the main reason I picked them was I was looking for new jeans that were a step up from my usual Levi’s 501 but a bit slimmer and the measurements in that size looked dead on for me. I’m happy to say the reported measurements were accurate.

so I think it’s really hit or miss for this type of sizing. If I gain a bit of weight I’d be in between 2 and 3 and probably would be looking at a different brand. Now I know how women feel

As someone in between 2 and 3 it is annoying. Size 3 in New Yorker, Slim Fatigue, 107 Bedford Cords and rigid grey 105s. 2 in the faded black 107s, barely. Size 3 in the Kafka wool French work pants and Bureau mill pants, but both are a bit loose tbh. Don’t know why I keep trying. Pretty solid 2 in tops though.

Reactions: gnu

gnu

Reaction score
Agree. If they could only make a size 2.5...

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score
As someone in between 2 and 3 it is annoying. Size 3 in New Yorker, Slim Fatigue, 107 Bedford Cords and rigid grey 105s. 2 in the faded black 107s, barely. Size 3 in the Kafka wool French work pants and Bureau mill pants, but both are a bit loose tbh. Don’t know why I keep trying. Pretty solid 2 in tops though.

I was looking at the fatigue pants and thought i might want to go up to a 3 in those because I feel like those should be looser (plus they’d seem to have side tabs at the waist). They seem from measurements to be slightly looser inherently compared to the 107 jeans but maybe not loose enough (for me) for that style.

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
I'm also probably in between sizes and I usually size up on the adjustable orSlow pants and use a belt or the drawstrings/tabs. I'm very happy with the fits that way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads