• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

blockdmyownshot

Reaction score
Also exhuming this thread. I'm a huge Orslow fan, have 6 pairs of their fatigue pants in various fits and fabrics. This is kind of a long shot, but Bureau Belfast has a bunch of the New Yorker pants on sale. I'm tempted, but given the measurements (slightly cropped, high rise, roomy thighs) I think they might have crossed the line from "comfy" to "baggy." Anyone tried them on, or own a pair?
Replying to an old comment but wanted to try or for anyone. I'm trying to decide if I should get the canoe club painter pants and seems like it's the same fabric as some of the fatigues was curious if the fabric stretched much in the waist? I'm a 32-33 usually and I tried asking their support but they were still kinda vague just saying size up and said their thigh measurement was a 10 which just seems unreasonably small haha.

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Replying to an old comment but wanted to try or for anyone. I'm trying to decide if I should get the canoe club painter pants and seems like it's the same fabric as some of the fatigues was curious if the fabric stretched much in the waist? I'm a 32-33 usually and I tried asking their support but they were still kinda vague just saying size up and said their thigh measurement was a 10 which just seems unreasonably small haha.

That style of painter pants is a slim cut, similar to the slim fit fatigues if not even slimmer. I’d probably also recommend sizing up and using a belt or the back cinch.

Their reverse cotton sateen does have some give.

blockdmyownshot

Reaction score
That style of painter pants is a slim cut, similar to the slim fit fatigues if not even slimmer. I’d probably also recommend sizing up and using a belt or the back cinch.
Yeah I'm a bit torn as I have a 3 in the New Yorker pants and definitely feel like I could've gone down to a 2. Obviously the stretchy waist makes a huge difference just want to make sure I get sizing down if I pony up for these and I don't have any experience with the reverse sateen

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Yeah I'm a bit torn as I have a 3 in the New Yorker pants and definitely feel like I could've gone down to a 2. Obviously the stretchy waist makes a huge difference just want to make sure I get sizing down if I pony up for these and I don't have any experience with the reverse sateen

That version of the painter pants have a lower rise and much slimmer seat/thighs than the New Yorker pants. I’m close to you in that I wear a 3 in the NYs but could probably do a 2 because of the elastic. I personally would not like the fit of a 2 in the slim painters if they would even still fit me at all (I had a previous season pair that I sold because I’m moving away from slim fits in general).

blockdmyownshot

Reaction score
That version of the painter pants have a lower rise and much slimmer seat/thighs than the New Yorker pants. I’m close to you in that I wear a 3 in the NYs but could probably do a 2 because of the elastic. I personally would not like the fit of a 2 in the slim painters if they would even still fit me at all (I had a previous season pair that I sold because I’m moving away from slim fits in general).
Word I am also getting away from the skinny jeans etc I've got some chicken legs though haha so even these won't seem too slim on me I think especially since I'm also short so I need to hem them a few inches too lol. I guess I'll go with the 3 and see what happens!

Also totally missed your note saying there's some give on the fabric.

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Word I am also getting away from the skinny jeans etc I've got some chicken legs though haha so even these won't seem too slim on me I think especially since I'm also short so I need to hem them a few inches too lol. I guess I'll go with the 3 and see what happens!

Also totally missed your note saying there's some give on the fabric.

Good luck! Hope I haven’t steered you wrong.

Symphony

Reaction score
Selling my Slim Army Fatigues in Size 5 if anyone is interested.

Crandnew

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to size in the USN utility jeans? I am a size 1 in the 107. Waist measures 30 inches. Seems measurements on various retailers vary, and not sure how accurate ends measurements are.

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to size in the USN utility jeans? I am a size 1 in the 107. Waist measures 30 inches. Seems measurements on various retailers vary, and not sure how accurate ends measurements are.

The USN pants are a classic straight/relaxed cut so I think nailing sizing isn’t as important. If they’re too loose in the waist, just wear a belt. Don’t own 107s but I’m a 3 in all orslow pants I do own (classic fatigues, French work, New Yorker...) and a 3 in the USNs fit me great without a belt. They’re lighter weight denim so they’ll have some give. The texture/look of the denim is amazing.

Last edited:

Crandnew

Reaction score
The USN pants are a classic straight/relaxed cut so I think nailing sizing isn’t as important. If they’re too loose in the waist, just wear a belt. Don’t own 107s but I’m a 3 in all orslow pants I do own (classic fatigues, French work, New Yorker...) and a 3 in the USNs fit me great without a belt. They’re lighter weight denim so they’ll have some give. The texture/look of the denim is amazing.

Thanks!
I would normally go true to my orslow size, but it seems no one has a size 1 in the wash I want. Oversized seems to be the look with these so I think I’ll go with the 2

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Thanks!
I would normally go true to my orslow size, but it seems no one has a size 1 in the wash I want. Oversized seems to be the look with these so I think I’ll go with the 2

Yeah, 1 is a size you might have to order from Japan for.

Crandnew

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the regular fit fatigues are ever sold in the US? Looking to pick up a pair but would prefer a larger fit.

gnu

Reaction score
yes. Totem and Independence have them. You can also order from Cultizm and they'll ship to the US.

Crandnew

Reaction score
Awesome. Now the age old question sizing. I am a 30 waist, wear a 1 in the 107. Measurements seem to indicate I should go up to a 2, as they run at least an inch smaller in the waist.

Also any opinions if I should go with the slim fit or regular? I like them both, but the slim fit seems like it might be more flattering.

blockdmyownshot

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the French work pants? I picked up the grey cotton "wool" ones and man they fit big! I have a 3 in painter pants, heard to size down from normal orslow pants and the two just slip down and I was swimming in em. French work pants normally this big or just this iteration?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads