• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Quick and dirty fitpic of the TBB Mill/New Yorker pants. Will have to think a bit about the top block space -- there's a lot of it, but they are insanely comfortable. FYI, these are a size 3, I'm 1.8 m/70 kg. They may test my commitment to a looser fit, as I'm a pretty slim guy but the hip width is noticeable...
View attachment 1244381
if you are still in Paris, Jinji, a cool shop (but prices are pretty steep), stocks some Orslow stuff.
Well, for after the Lockdown of course.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you are still in Paris, Jinji, a cool shop (but prices are pretty steep), stocks some Orslow stuff.
Well, for after the Lockdown of course.
Been there a bunch of times. They put out some interesting house brand clothing now and again. But you're right, retail prices are high...

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Been there a bunch of times. They put out some interesting house brand clothing now and again.
Yeah they also have some interesting Surplus stuff sometimes or the occasional Valstarino or Buzz Rickson. The house brand clothing is not bad and affordable. Drop there from time to time.

leephil

Reaction score
Just purchased a pair of New Yorker pants in poplin, the gold brown variant. Does anyone else who owns a pair experience a ton of noise when walking around in them? As in the fabric crumpling and pressing against itself. They're LOUD, like i'm wearing parachute pants. Wondering if this dies down with wear as I'm not sure I can wear these out casually making this much noise

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never purchased this one but it's still in my mind... Need a size 1 but no one ever stocked it except in JP

1590245855810.png

Symphony

Reaction score
bumping this thread because I'm debating buying some orslow slim fit fatigues. trying to find a size 5 used/on sale, but I might have to bite the bullet on a new pair.

I'm a 36, so I'm hoping a 5 would be okay.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bumping this thread because I'm debating buying some orslow slim fit fatigues. trying to find a size 5 used/on sale, but I might have to bite the bullet on a new pair.

I'm a 36, so I'm hoping a 5 would be okay.
Im a 36” and wear a size 5.

karmaguy

Reaction score
Anyone have tips on sizing this?

I’m 5’8, 140lbs, broad shoulders and a fan of a roomier/boxier fit so I usually err on grabbing a M or L in most outerwear.

havensk

Reaction score
Anyone have tips on sizing this?

I’m 5’8, 140lbs, broad shoulders and a fan of a roomier/boxier fit so I usually err on grabbing a M or L in most outerwear.
Seeing as you're usually a M or L I would say a size 3, maybe a 4 which is a US large. I'll bet if you dug around though you can find some measurements for that particular jacket. Here ya go

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads