• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

Reaction score
Not to be rude, but people have all KINDS of different incomes and if they prioritize spending on high quality clothing, it’s not surprising at all that someone with a large income could easily drop several thousand a year on clothes and not give it a second thought.

Is that really surprising to you?
Not to be rude, but I do not see any reason to be a dick.

Seemed my guy was just making an offhand observation about his experience (presumably not one where he can drop thousands without thinking about it) before agreeing that the clothes are good?

If misunderstood your tone, please accept my apologies.

Anyway, sure people have all kinds of different incomes and all kinds of different situations that make a difference as well. Maybe some are permanently single with no kids and hate leaving their apartment, I have no idea.

Junglejack

Reaction score
About the cost: if you can afford it, and you buy the right things for yourself, I think it is worth it. Like you said, beautiful :)

That said, I have picked up most of my Orslow through eBay. If you can be patient (with saved searches) you can find things you want. Because of the quality I can enjoy buying it used, but you can find things hardly used or not at all.
Recently I got the denim no-collar shirt for 80GBP. It reminded me again why Ichiro Nakatsu is one of my favourite designers. Dreamy fabric. Cool metal buttons. The size and fit generous but precise.
View attachment 2117069

This. Moreover, there are usually deals to be had as well. Got some 107 two year wash for 75% off during Ron Herman’s OOB sale a few weeks back and while that much of a discount is exceedingly rare, places like Meadow in Sweden and Kafka Mercantile often offer some really good sales.

Watty

Reaction score
Not to be rude, but I do not see any reason to be a dick.
Wasn't trying to be a dick. I read his comment as a little bit condescending in terms of how much some people spend on their clothes.

I responded by implying that these pieces at full retail might be like shopping at Walmart for someone with a high income. Not everyone has the same budgeting concerns, so wondering how someone could afford an OrSlow-based (or general higher end) wardrobe is kind of silly to me. I'd never think to speculate how the rich FAANG SWE affords their multi million dollar home, their lavish vacations, and their fancy cars.....because it's obvious that they have a prodigious income and spend "accordingly."

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if anyone has Orslow Jungle jacket, how is the sizing compared to M-43 for example? I wear size 3 in most Orslow shirts but measurements for Jungle jacket seems on the smaller side for size 3. So would love to hear recommendations for sizing if anyone has experiences with Jungle jacket. Maybe @shopcanoeclub ?

LeeR

Reaction score
I would like to know if anyone has Orslow Jungle jacket, how is the sizing compared to M-43 for example? I wear size 3 in most Orslow shirts but measurements for Jungle jacket seems on the smaller side for size 3. So would love to hear recommendations for sizing if anyone has experiences with Jungle jacket. Maybe @shopcanoeclub ?
I have a size 3 and I find the fit perfect. I'm pretty much average size all around. I'm 5'10 and have a 40/41 inch chest. It fits loose but I think that is how it is suppose to fit. Hope this helps somewhat.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a size 3 and I find the fit perfect. I'm pretty much average size all around. I'm 5'10 and have a 40/41 inch chest. It fits loose but I think that is how it is suppose to fit. Hope this helps somewhat.
I am 5'11 and just under 42" chest so I think size 3 should be fine then.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my size 2 Fatigue Shirt today - it fits great considering what it's hanging on, and can confirm this one says made in Japan on all the tags.

nachobarro

Reaction score
I am 5'11 and just under 42" chest so I think size 3 should be fine then.
I have a 38” chest, mostly a size M in most brands and I have the fatigue ripstop jacket in a size 2. I fits me great, very nice fit with a shirt, tee or light layering underneath. I can also wear a size 3 but it looks a tiny big if I only wear 1 layer underneath.

It’s a very versatile piece, just depends on when do you plan wearing it the most or your body build. You are a pretty big and fit guy I’m sure a size 3 would be perfect for you.

I can post some pics if you want to check the fit 👍🏻

LeeR

Reaction score
Here's me in a size 3 orslow jungle jacket. Wearing a light sweater and shirt.
Resized_20240128_135244_290169136584463_1706482136945.jpeg

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 38” chest, mostly a size M in most brands and I have the fatigue ripstop jacket in a size 2. I fits me great, very nice fit with a shirt, tee or light layering underneath. I can also wear a size 3 but it looks a tiny big if I only wear 1 layer underneath.

It’s a very versatile piece, just depends on when do you plan wearing it the most or your body build. You are a pretty big and fit guy I’m sure a size 3 would be perfect for you.

I can post some pics if you want to check the fit 👍🏻
this is very helpful. I am actually thinking if I might even need size 4, but I am almost sure not. I was also thinking about a desert/beige colourway but as I was searching for photos of original jungle shirts in that colour it seems that it was only issued in army green or camo in Vietnam war era? So I might get olive and start searching for another type of army shirt or jacket in desert colour.

Here's me in a size 3 orslow jungle jacket. Wearing a light sweater and shirt. View attachment 2122213
it looks great!

LeeR

Reaction score
this is very helpful. I am actually thinking if I might even need size 4, but I am almost sure not. I was also thinking about a desert/beige colourway but as I was searching for photos of original jungle shirts in that colour it seems that it was only issued in army green or camo in Vietnam war era? So I might get olive and start searching for another type of army shirt or jacket in desert colour.

it looks great!
Thanks, I really like it. It can be worn in a lot of situations. Wind was blowing about 35 knots that day, cut the wind well.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a US stockist that carries this white chambray?

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Anyone know of a US stockist that carries this white chambray?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 76 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 78 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.7%

Forum statistics

Threads