• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

xM.

Reaction score
reg fit fatigues def a little snug in the waist when you get 'em, but i'd say they open up the most compared to other fabrics (goes for any fatigue mostly)

yeah this meshes with my experience, i have 3s in the 107 denim and a 3 in the fatigues was a bit snug at first but is pretty comfortable now.

plus i got a bit fat, which doesn't help.

Junglejack

Reaction score
Such a huge fan of OrSlow. While both their denim and reverse sateen used on the fatigue stuff is amazing, their loopwheel hoodies and sweatshirts are utterly amazing too.

I have a frankly embarrassing number of pretty high end hoodies and sweatshirts, but hard to imagine getting many more.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
In the last 3 months I’ve acquired the 107 fit in brown corduroy, navy corduroy, and 1 one wash indigo. Fit is so perfect for me. I had the 107 jeans a few years back and gave them away. Can’t believe I did that. Times change.

lineate

Reaction score
In the last 3 months I’ve acquired the 107 fit in brown corduroy, navy corduroy, and 1 one wash indigo. Fit is so perfect for me. I had the 107 jeans a few years back and gave them away. Can’t believe I did that. Times change.
How is the sizing on the 107 cords? Do they fit the same as the jeans?

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve mentioned before on this thread that I have not found the fit to be the same across 107s. In my experience, the fabric and wash affect the sizing. I really like this brand, but I’ve never found any consistency with fit and sizing.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
I think that more true for the different washes. But as far as I can tell, the corduroy and one-wash fit identical.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know the feeling. Over the last 3 years, I've acquired four pair of corduroy New Yorker's. They are some of my favorite, most worn trousers.

quaranteneuf

Reaction score
I know the feeling. Over the last 3 years, I've acquired four pair of corduroy New Yorker's. They are some of my favorite, most worn trousers.
I've done that with the French Work pant... worn at the expense of my Ooes.

Last edited:

Plumbus60

Reaction score
Was hoping y'all may be able to answer a fit question for me:
I'm looking at the 105's 2yr wash in a size 4. Im wondering if y'all have found the thighs to be generous or experienced some stretch? I usually need a 13in thigh to be comfortable and don't want to shell out the money if these arent going to work.

Junglejack

Reaction score
I actually just recently got the same 2yr in the same size. I would not anticipate the thighs giving that much, but I have barely worn them as I cannot take off my One Wash.
Anecdotally, I have heard the waist stretches a good bit, but not much written about the thighs.

Plumbus60

Reaction score
I actually just recently got the same 2yr in the same size. I would not anticipate the thighs giving that much, but I have barely worn them as I cannot take off my One Wash.
Anecdotally, I have heard the waist stretches a good bit, but not much written about the thighs.
Ah, thats great--maybe you can provide a little bit more info on the fit in the thighs? I feel like there is a decent amount of discrepancy about sizing the thighs. Appreciate any insight!

Retri

Reaction score
Ah, thats great--maybe you can provide a little bit more info on the fit in the thighs? I feel like there is a decent amount of discrepancy about sizing the thighs. Appreciate any insight!

I own 3 pairs of 105, one wash, 2 yr and "used" and returned the 3yr Frans Boone was selling last year; as mentioned elsewhere in the thread, the washes do affect the size and fit noticeably, to the point that the one wash and the 3 yrs, both size 5, were 2-3 cm apart at the waist and the fabric in the latter was like, half as thick.

There's also slight inconsistencies among different drops, plenty of retailers like Meadow-web, FRESH, Cultizm and Frans Boone got very precise measurements up on their websites but they don't quite match with one another. I suppose we could chalk it up to people measuring these differently, either way it's hard to tell and a bit of a head scratch if you're purchasing them online.

Furthermore, the one wash will shrink a little upon being soaked, even with cold water. I haven't noticed any significant shrinkage with the other washes tho.

Realistically, your best bet would be ordering 2 sizes and returning the ones that do not fit you, that's what I did with my first pair.

coooaaat

Reaction score
can anyone comment on the weight of the denim used in the Takumi pants?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads