• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone help with fitting the New Yorker pants (the elastic drawstring chino type things).

I'm about a 34" waist athletic build, my jeans size range from 31 to 33". Should I get a 3 L or an 4 XL?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help with fitting the New Yorker pants (the elastic drawstring chino type things).

I'm about a 34" waist athletic build, my jeans size range from 31 to 33". Should I get a 3 L or an 4 XL?
I'd go 3. They have a roomy top block and significant stretch with the elastic band. I'm 32" waist athletic build and I have a couple pairs in a 2 that are perfect

stuccodreams

Reaction score
Ended up getting the size 5 ecru fatigues. Not sure if I should send them back for a 4, they’re perfect in the waist with a belt and I think that if I got a 4 they would be too tight in the waist especially after washing them.

I’m just not totally sure how I feel about the fit, I’ve been wanting to embrace straight fits but it’s still a little jarring to me. My gut feeling is I dig it and should keep these, but I want to get some other opinions. I probably wouldn’t cuff these like they are now, I’d likely get them hemmed. What do y’all think of the fit?

Please ignore my beautiful big boy in the background.

Attachments

• 549EFD11-7964-485C-94BC-33804F6531D0.jpeg
    549EFD11-7964-485C-94BC-33804F6531D0.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 496

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ended up getting the size 5 ecru fatigues. Not sure if I should send them back for a 4, they’re perfect in the waist with a belt and I think that if I got a 4 they would be too tight in the waist especially after washing them.

I’m just not totally sure how I feel about the fit, I’ve been wanting to embrace straight fits but it’s still a little jarring to me. I probably wouldn’t cuff these like they are now, I’d likely get them hemmed. What do y’all think of the fit?

I think they look good, but agree that a less chunky cuff would be ideal

pinkchimneys

Reaction score

I’m just not totally sure how I feel about the fit, I’ve been wanting to embrace straight fits but it’s still a little jarring to me. My gut feeling is I dig it and should keep these, but I want to get some other opinions. I probably wouldn’t cuff these like they are now, I’d likely get them hemmed. What do y’all think of the fit?

I also think they look good on you. A nice classic straight fit. It might take some getting used to on your part but I think they look like normal and well-fitting pants in that photo. They're pretty casual pants so a thicker cuff like that wouldn't really bother me but that's personal preference/tolerance.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think they look just like they’re meant to look. But I’ve completely embraced the idea that I don’t want to feel my pants at all on my legs. They should fit at the waist, drape over my seat and then just flow, especially for summer trousers.

stuccodreams

Reaction score
Thanks for all your input folks. I’m for sure keeping them! They are so comfortable, and I’m warming up to the fit.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m curious how these feel & fit compared to the EG fatigues from this season (the “natural” color). I have and like the EG version and they look really similar.

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
I can't comment on the orSlow version. However from what I have seen in the natural ecru from EG in the fatigue pant and shorts. The fabric is super light and soft. I highly recommend it.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't comment on the orSlow version. However from what I have seen in the natural ecru from EG in the fatigue pant and shorts. The fabric is super light and soft. I highly recommend it.

co-sign, they’re awesome.

Kristiang

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just wanted to know if anyone had any information on the 2 Pocket Cargo Pant.

Mostly trying to figure out how they age and fade!

Leaning more towards navy but the green looks cool too

Attachments

• E7F61EA7-9257-45E5-84EB-C474469D0158.png
    E7F61EA7-9257-45E5-84EB-C474469D0158.png
    861.3 KB · Views: 462

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just wanted to know if anyone had any information on the 2 Pocket Cargo Pant.

Mostly trying to figure out how they age and fade!

Leaning more towards navy but the green looks cool too

I had a green herringbone pair a while back and the fabric was pre-washed/"vintage" style so there wasn't much noticeable fading/aging in the time I owned them.

Kristiang

Reaction score
I had a green herringbone pair a while back and the fabric was pre-washed/"vintage" style so there wasn't much noticeable fading/aging in the time I owned them.

Gotcha, overall what did you think of them? It doesn’t sound like you still have them ‘:(

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
Gotcha, overall what did you think of them? It doesn’t sound like you still have them ‘:(

I actually really liked them! Great construction and fabric. I only passed them on because they stopped fitting me (weight gain). Is orSlow making them again? I feel like it's been years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads